1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Katzkin in Los Angeles???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by banshee08, Aug 23, 2009.

1. emelr

emelr New Member

Model:
    III

It would be great if you could post pix! I'm in Los Angeles and can drive to Orange to have this done, but I was in "sticker shock" from the prices on the Katzkin website, so I was looking elsewhere....One question: Was the $1000 price for the standard or the upgraded leather? Appreciate your help - Many thanks.

2. kormaster

kormaster Junior Member

That same Robert charged me $1500 for my 4runner.

Really?? same leather.. same number of seats, same work... except 4runner sits higher off the ground. Nice guy dont get me wrong. But he gets cocky about the show he runs. He comes up with numbers and makes them up.

The point is.. yes it is business at the end and everyone has to make a living. But the price discrepancies are way off. I called to ask about the Prius thinking he was going to give me a better deal since I got the leather from him like a year ago.. he looks up my info and says.. "oh.. ill give you $100 off"

Still higher price than $1000 you got quoted. Either you are a good negotiator or Im a sucker :confused:

So Im getting CST installed tomorrow. $995 + tax (for perforated leather, extra padding/cushion) Quality is same. I saw their install in Santa Fe Spring shop. They do as good as a job as Katzskin guys at Orange shop.