1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kayak Racks for my Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by cirruspete, Apr 25, 2018.

1. cirruspete

cirruspete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I searched for rack threads, in particular for kayakers like my wife and me. I didn't find a thread that really finished up with some optimal solutions. We have two Hobie 11' Revolution kayaks to carry, each one weighing 65 pounds (they're built well!).

Do I need to buy the Toyota mounts... and then some aerodynamic (and hopefully quiet) rails from a third-party... and finally the kayak mount itself? We'll want the kind of rack that one person can use, i.e. a helper arm that extends to hold up one end of the kayak while you lift the other end up onto the rack, or something else.

Thanks, Peter

2. MrHockey

MrHockey Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Not sure. We like Thule but I couldn’t find a fit kit for the Prime. I have had a 2003 Prius with a nice Thule for grips and load bars. I’ll keep researching.

I did a generic google search for Prius Prime roof racks and came up with these choices:

Toyota Prius Prime Roof Rack | etrailer.com

Unless the 2020 Prime's roof has been reconfigured, it appears that these racks are designed for model years 2017, 2018 and 2019 and so potentially 2020.

#2 MrHockey, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019