1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keeping it simple - Prius v Two with a moonroof

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by billgould1, Aug 30, 2012.

1. billgould1

billgould1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm personally not in favor of installed navigation or smartphone like features as I already have a Garmin and a Droid, why pay more to have them as part of my car. I would like a moonroof so wanted to confirm that a Two can be ordered that way and possibly what it would cost. My current 2006 Prius has 152,000 miles and this time of year I get around 46 MPG. I'm still on my original brakes - WOW!

2. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This forum is for the Prius v(ee) wagon, not the standard Prius V (five). (Who came up with this nomenclature?) If you actually ment the v(ee) then i believe the moonroof is packaged in with the ATP on the Prius v Five only as a bundle so your stuck with all the other bells and whistles. Sorry but I'm no help on the standard Prius packages.

3. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Also, you'll be VERY sorry that you don't have smartphone features. I can do without the internet access, traffic info, and all that, but being able to have my phone calls come in over the car's speaker system, and being able to just talk out loud without holding a phone to my ear is priceless. It's got to be 100% safer than talking on either a hand-held smartphone, or one with a bluetooth earpiece. It's just as safe as talking to someone in the seat next to you.

If I were you, I'd re-think that decision.

4. skwcrj

skwcrj Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Gerry,

The V-2 has Bluetooth connectivity and a 6 in digital radio with the backup camera. Not bad for a "basic" package!

I didn't need the Nav with entune. I believe that that is the only difference between the 2 and the 3.

I did add aftermarket real leather with heated seats for much less than the cost of the Nav system.

5. skwcrj

skwcrj Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Bill,

I'm sure that adding a moonroof is doable as an aftermarket add on through your dealer. I'm sure that the cost will be way less than the ATP.

Let us know what you find out.

The Vee will easily get 50-52 mpg if you keep it at or below 65 mph.

6. billgould1

billgould1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You are right that I'm talking about the vee, not the V (oh' boy). I thought I saw on another post that there was a "solar package" that was mostly just the moonroof.

7. billgould1

billgould1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've used bluetooth earpiece for 4-5 years and on most days reception is good and it is also like talking to someone in the seat next to me. My hope is that I can go cold turkey and stop making and returning calls when I drive but then I'd also like to lose a few pounds - both are difficult!

8. billgould1

billgould1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not trying to be nosy, but I'd prefer leather seats too - although my wife not so much. What did it cost?

9. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Prius V2 does not have a moonroof. It has window in the roof which is good for only bad stuff, turning the car into a solar powered human and pet cooker, glaring out the nav and dashboard...way better off not getting this odd ball option.

Prius III has a real moon roof with the solar fan and that is a great option to have. Plus Prius III gets better mileage.

You are right about the Garmin and hands free phone stuff, the car navs are never worth it.

10. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    [/quote]"billgould1, post: 1630076, member: 12493"]You are right that I'm talking about the vee, not the V (oh' boy). I thought I saw on another post that there was a "solar package" that was mostly just the moonroof.[/quote]

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately as far as I know there is no 'solar package' available for the Prius v(ee), only the panoramic moonroof as part of the ATP on the Prius v Five, at least from first hand experience and the information in the brochure that Toyota has put out on the v(ee). It would be really nice if it was available. Though the auto sunshade cover is nice and keeps the car slightly cooler so you don't have to remember to close it every time- though probably not as cool as if it had the solar package fan.

I like the moonroof as a driver, but it really shines (sorry for the pun) if anyone sits in the backseat it opens the car up tremendously! My daughter loves it.

I think part of the confusion with what is available is the name of the cars and packages. They have to many of the same names and numbers overlapping between trim levels and packages available for the wagon vs. the standard Prius.

-ProximalSuns, with stating Prius V2 are you talking about the Prius v(ee) trim level two or the standard Prius V (as in trim level five) package 2? I know there are multiple different packages available on the standard Prius, but the only package available in the v(ee) wagon is the Advance Tech package (ATP) on the Five trim level.

11. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Eyup...just so...Prius V/2. Funny there is no Prius V/1.

12. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry, I'm still not following, can you specify that by Prius V/2 you mean the v(ee) trim 2 ? If so I'm curious where did you find the info for the v(ee) with solar package? In addition to no v(ee)/1 there is also no Prius v(ee)/4.

13. P51 Mustang

P51 Mustang New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I did it for $1150 installed. I could have put aftermarket for under 1k from the local wheel shop but the manager from the dealer says Toyota will void manufacture warranty if I have it installed from aftermarket installers.

14. billgould1

billgould1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I couldn't find it again, so likely I was wrong and it was one of the Prius models that has a solar package available. I will also admit to being confused between solar package and sunroof/moonroof. Sorry.