1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keeping Prius and Camry Front Passenger Doors Open

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by kgall, Aug 29, 2019.

1. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife has a number of arthritis problems (and I am getting there). One thing that bothered her on our former Gen III Prius, and now on our new '19 Camry Hybrid XLE, is that when she opens the front passenger side door, it has this tendency to close up on her rather than staying open. This happens even on pretty flat ground.

Doesn't happen as much on our Subaru Crosstrek. It seems to me that the Subaru doors are a bit smaller and lighter.

Anyone else notice this problem with the front doors to these or other Toyota cars? Anyone have a solution?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes and no. there are two detents, one about half way and fully open. you really have to give it a shove, but if you shove to hard, it will bounce right back and close on you.

when i had shoulder surgery, it was problematic. i don't have another vehicle to compare to, except my truck, which needs a weight lifter to budge the doors

kgall and vvillovv like this.
  3. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks much, Bisco. Now I know that we are not crazy.