1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kendel Synthetic Oil??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jendbbay, Jul 25, 2013.

1. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

I have fanatically used synthetic oil in both my new cars -- well they aren't new any more. One is a 2008 Prius and one a 2009 Corolla. I always buy the Mobil 1 Synthetic. Tomorrow, I may take my car in for an oil change at the same place that changed my tires -- Firestone. They do have synthetic, and they showed me that they used individual pints of Kendel, not drum. However, I don't know anything about this oil? Anyone know if its good and if it can be used after I normally use Mobil 1? I'm an idiot, and I ask stupid questions. Thanks or tolerating me.

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I haven't used it myself, but I've heard it's a good oil. Conoci-Phillips are a reputable supplier.

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I prefer Mobil 1. Its all I have used in 30 years.

Bought a 5 quart jug of M1 Full Synthetic 10-30 at Walmart today for $22.95. Bring them the jug and they'll charge you $19 to put it in. Only issue there is they'll put the whole jug in. Our engine only takes 3.8 quarts with new filter.

If I'm forced to bring it someplace because I don't feel like doing it myself I dump out a quart or so into another old Mobil 1 jug. That way they cannot mess it up. Tell them you want the empty jug back too. Its handy.

I also buy the original engine oil filter at the dealer. Its $4 each and has the correct bypass valve. Buy 2 so you won't have to go back there for 2 years!

Bring jug & filter to Firestone and your good for 10,0000 miles. Next day after the car has sat check the oil and make sure its at the full line.

4. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

As always, I am impressed by Prius Chat members and all their help. The jury is out as to whether I trust Firestone to do anything at all for me anymore, but your suggestion is a great one.

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I know unless you can do it yourself its scary. These days its a win if they don't drop your car off a lift.

If forced to I use Jiffy as I can stand right there at the hood of the car and watch those bastards.I give the kid under the car my factory filter & $5 and tell him not to go crazy on the pan bolt & filter so I can get it off next time.

Pulls foil hat over my head to protect myself from flames on using Jiffy.:ROFLMAO:

And then tell them no I don't want my flux capacitor flushed nor the transmission. And no fuel injector and no wipers and ...well...you get it.

Oh and don't touch the tires either please lol....

6. theshark

theshark Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Kendell is a quality motor oil.

7. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Kendall is a good oil. I prefer Mobil 1 at Walmart its a pretty good deal. $22.95 for 5.