1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kenstyle Aero Kit for Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by bpben, May 5, 2006.

1. bpben

bpben New Member

I'm really a fan of this kit, a guy I know in so cal recently ordered one and I'm excited to see it in person!

What do you all think?

[​IMG]

The guy who ordered up that kit also got the Toms exhaust. I'll try to get some photos together to share when all the parts come in from Japan.

2. Subversive

Subversive New Member

So is the idea with these things that the hard plastic doesn't get scuffed up as easy as the painted metal? So if your Prius does get badly scuffed up, you can just snap these pieces on and it will be all better?

3. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I may be missing something .... but it appears the kit is the front and rear bumpers and the rocker panels. The rockers may be metal (not sure) but the front and rear bumpers sure are not. I do like the look but worry about the lower front facia hitting every parking bumper and curb edge in sight when parking.

4. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Post the pics as soon as the parts are on. I'm also thinking of ordering this body kit.

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have said this in the past I think the dealers should offer this in a pkg. kinda like an SS Prius... :D

It would be a hott seller for the teens to 50 some things.. For those who like a sporty look/ look like your hauling a$$ and your just sitting still.

I am saving my pennies for this kit, its just bad a$$....! :lol: B) :)

6. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 6 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]250725[/snapback]</div>
    Keep saving, it'll cost you at least 150,000 pennies for the full kit.

Sigma has the kit available.

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ May 6 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]250772[/snapback]</div>
    LOL thanks Doc... whew, I think I just may order it when I get the new one in 23 months.. lol :lol:

The 04's holding its own... :D

8. J.Wilkie

J.Wilkie 80 Mile Daily Commute

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Is he gonna remove his HOV stickers? If so how would he do it without destroying them?

9. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J.Wilkie @ May 9 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]252357[/snapback]</div>
    You mail $8 to DMV to get replacement stickers while you take the originals off with a hair dryer or something like.

10. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i think u can just peel those sticker off

nice kit, but rims r not that good

11. Escalade_on_22s

Escalade_on_22s New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drift Motion @ May 9 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]252405[/snapback]</div>
    There's no need to peel off any stickers... as long as the kit is well designed it will use mounting hardware to attach low on the original bumpers. You simply replace the original flimsy black rear valence and plastic rocker panel protectors located underneath the rockers. The only drilling should consist of 8 small holes in the front fascia, which have already been measured and marked on the inside by Toyota.

I'd be very wary about the fit of this kit because it wasn't designed for OE application, such as the JDM Ver A kit. Have your friend explain the cost of painting and installing this kit, and closely inspect the fit/finish. I installed a Ver A kit today and it was incredibly easy, plus I didn't have to paint it. I had it completely installed within 4 hours of being delivered to my door.

Also, the Kenstyle kit appears much lower in the front than the JDM. You'll probably have it destroyed within a few months. The JDM kit gives a lowered appearance, but doesn't hang any lower than the original valence.

12. J.Wilkie

J.Wilkie 80 Mile Daily Commute

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  13. Escalade_on_22s

Escalade_on_22s New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J.Wilkie @ May 10 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]253071[/snapback]</div>
    Check my other topic entitled "Need help installing body kit" for pics.

14. samoan_ridah

samoan_ridah New Member

How much is it? I have this pic as my computer wallpaper it is so hott! I like the rims too. I would be a little concerned about it scraping up the front lip but it is definitely nice to look at.

More power to ya and I am looking forward to some real life pics!

15. slortz

slortz New Member

I like the front spoiler (even better than my Modellista one) and side skirts, but the rear pieces look tacky. They look like the Corolla rear spoiler pieces...cheapy and tacked on. Compare the Honda Civic rear to the Corolla--Honda did it right IMO.
    Also, I think the Kenstyle stuff is made out of fiberglass, although it is some special type that is supposed to be stronger or more resistant to cracking if banged. Probably still not as good as ABS in terms of durability though.