1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kenwood Mini-Sub

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dgstan, Mar 5, 2005.

1. enerjazz

enerjazz Energy+Jazz=EnerJazz

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry for the slow response but I've been in Hawaii for the last 10 days (saw 11 04 & 05 Prius cars across 4 different islands).

I have the non-JBL system with the single CD player. The installer ended up tapping the rear door speaker wires. The unit sounds just fine with no additional amp. I set the crossover around 100Hz and have the sub volume turned up to about 40%. That seems to provide a clean bass sound. I'll continue experimenting over the coming weeks.

I used the Aux2Car Toyota settings 1on, 2on, 3off, 4on, 5off, 6off, 7off, 8on.

I've had a CD in the player when I tried switching and it seemed to toggle just fine. I will be back in the car tomorrow and will test it without a CD. I might try the recommended toggle switch change over the weekend.

Too much to do right now catching up from a nice vacation.

2. Dewg

Dewg New Member

I just had the KSC-SW1 installed this past Saturday, and I'm VERY pleased with the bass it provides.

Thanks to all who provided feedback and detailed pictures/instructions. I passed the information off to a local car-stereo shop who put the Sub in the cargo-box just as shown in this thread (in just over 1 hours time!)

So here's one more good review of the KSC-SW1 in a 2005 Prius. Not boomy (it's only a 6.5" speaker), but none-the-less a good improvement in the bass response over the JBL speakers.

3. motnamser

motnamser New Member

Wire colors for the JBL amplifier?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32\";p=\"70298)</div>

Do you know where I can get the wire color codes for the various wires that go in and out of the JBL amplifier underneath the passenger seat?

Thanks alot!

4. wilco

wilco New Member

If you search the old threads, this info is has been posted a few times before, along with lots of other useful info on the JBL system.

Pink ------ Pin S15-8 --- LF+
    Violet ---- Pin S15-19 -- LF-
    Lt Green - Pin S15-9 --- RF+
    Blue ------ Pin S15-20 -- RF-
    Black ----- Pin S15-4 --- LR+
    Yellow ---- Pin S15-13 -- LR-
    Red ------- Pin S15-5 --- RR+
    White ----- Pin S15-14 -- RR-
    Pink ------ Pin S15-6 --- LF+ tweeter
    Violet ----- Pin S15-17 -- LF- tweeter
    Lt Green -- Pin S15-7 --- RF+ tweeter
    Blue ------ Pin S15-18 -- RF- tweeter
    Red ------- Pin S15-3 --- C+
    White ----- Pin S15-12 -- C-

Note color duplication

The front door speakers and the center are digitally filtered (high/low pass) from the amp, and the rear door speakers get a full-range signal. The rear door tweeters have passive high pass filters.

5. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32 @ Mar 7 2005, 02:23 PM) [snapback]70298[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Dan,

can you use this grey wire for "12v on" purpose with the powered sub?

6. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pre-cbs @ Jun 22 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]275232[/snapback]</div>
    The grey wire will work for power up.

The 06 has 3 plugs for the jbl amp. The rear speakers are on the center plug.