1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key Fob Case - Recommendations

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by prevee5, Nov 3, 2013.

1. prevee5

prevee5 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just read that the Prius v key fob costs about $300 to replace. That being said, I'm looking for recommendations for the best key fob/ remote case or cover. Saw some pretty cool silicone ones but wanted a source for ones with a perfect fit. Any suggestions?

2. Alan Claver

Alan Claver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  3. Kurt E Sanders

Kurt E Sanders Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just ordered two, and blue is perfect! :)

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  5. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
  6. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have two of the blue ones mentioned aboveā€¦.

I have a pic of it posted somewhere on Prius chat, I can add another picture here.

I've had it for sometime time now and its holding up and like most it does not pick up lint and such when in a pocket

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd really recommend one of those acrylic/rubber (stretchy) covers as is available at "The Jacket Store"--you can google it.
    I had one for my Honda Fit fob and loved it.

What I like is that they cover nearly everything on the fob except the buttons...thus protecting everything. Unlike some cases that leave the whole front exposed. Also the extra thickness makes the buttons more recessed, easier to feel in the dark..and less likely to "accidentally" be pressed in a pocket. Also being acrylic/rubber...I imagine it potentially adds a degree of water resistance to the fob.

You can get them in Black...which makes the fob essentially look unchanged. Or various other colors, even Camouflage if you so desire.

Having said all that? I've yet to order one for my Prius....got to do that....

8. Sandtiger

Sandtiger New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I too have the Amazon case referenced above in the lime green (for visibility). Solid construction (the silicon rubber ones I saw at my dealer were flimsy, by comparison and the colors were not as rich). Also note the Prius logo is on the back and ribbed frame on the front. I feel its a good investment for under a ten spot. My only knock is the limited color selection that is unrelated to Toyota exterior color choices (if you wanted them to match).