1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key fob cases.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Britprius, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have found a source of key fob cases, both two and three button for those that have fobs where the buttons are warring through.
    The replacement fob cases do not hold the metal key, but this could easily be put onto the same key ring. I have contacted the manufacturer as they are rather short on information, but the sizes do match the Prius fobs. All that needs to be done is to fit the Prius printed circuit board. The fobs can be seen just over half way down the page in the link below, (part numbers KPB582 and KPB583)

www.keyprof.com/en.Product-Behuizing-Lijst.php?page=Toyota&utm_source

John (Britprius)

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow... So many great designs for such a low price... They seem almost unreal... My lone remaining FOB has a busted button that's stuck on so it drains the battery down and so I use the mechanical key and put the FOB in the dash to drive it. One of these shells could solve that. Catch is how do you safely separate the shell from the contents. my FOB's seal does not want to split apart at all... It's like it's been welded together or something. Wth? It'd be good to see a video of how to replace a shell before I go about destroying my last FOB...

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have ordered a KPB582 and hope to change my fob case. I will let you know how things work out, and any problems I come across.

John (Britprius)

4. jimmybucher

jimmybucher Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    what was the total pricing you paid BritPrius? I wonder if they ship to USA? will this work for a NON smart key gen 2 (will it fit in the slot?) .....thats what she said