1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key Fob Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Chris Hill, Nov 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chris Hill

Chris Hill New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well two days ago I had two working Key Fobs, both SKS, now I have one working one. One was a bit beat up and I decided to change the case (cheap amazon one) out purely for the cosmetic improvement. Initially I switched the board over and put a new battery in, I tried to get it to work and it would not work, the red light blinked once when I pushed any of the buttons, but nothing worked. I then discovered that I forgot the chip, so I immediately put the chip in my new case, but it still does not work. I do still have one working key fob. Do I / can I reprogram the "new" key with the chicken dance method? Any other ideas?
    Thank You!

Chris Hill

2. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you try a new battery in the fob?
    Will it start the car if You put the fob in the key slot?

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try putting it back in the old case

Skibob likes this.
  4. Chris Hill

Chris Hill New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I did put in a new battery, it didn't work with either a new one or old one (battery). I will try to put it in the port and see if it works. I leant out my car for the weekend, will try early next week. Thank You for your help.

5. Chris Hill

Chris Hill New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I installed the key into the magic slot and the car started fine. It has a new battery and the red indicator light illuminates when I push any button on the fob. Any ideas? Time for the chicken dance?