1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key FOB red "panic button" cover

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Elaine08, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Elaine08

Elaine08 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The little red panic button cover on one of my key FOBS turned up missing yesterday. I have no idea how or where it popped off, but if it was inside the car, I may have vacuumed it up at the car wash. The panic button itself still works by pressing it with a fingernail, but would really like to find a replacement for that little red button cover. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would just tape over it and be done with it. That button has ended up sticking for some, and causing the fob to stop working. Does anyone actually use the panic button?

Elaine08 likes this.
  3. Elaine08

Elaine08 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the tip nh70. The teeny little red button cover actually turned up in the driveway today. Now I'm wondering whether or not to put it back on the fob. o_O

Yesterday I did a thorough search for one of those little buttons and they don't seem to be available anywhere. There is a company that makes them for the German made cars, but that's about it. An enterprising person could probably make and sell them for Prii if that happens to be a common occurrence.