1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key fob replace

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JustDruling4Now, Oct 30, 2019.

1. JustDruling4Now

JustDruling4Now Junior Member

Hi everyone
    I was given a key fob for my 2007 from a previous prius owner. I want to know does anyone on here know how to reprogram it to work my car? Really don't want to take it to the dealership. Any suggestions or info would be appreciated. Thanks
    Susan

2. lexidium

lexidium Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It has to be a key for the identical car and then you need the Prius software on a laptop and connect it to your car with a mini vci cable.
    See this youtube vid:
    See other threads about TIS Techstream software (available on Ebay)

3. JayRock_PHX

JayRock_PHX Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you are trying to program a used fob. Then the ONLY way is.

Either call a locksmith so he can use his T-code or mvp pro type machine or similar to program.

Or

You can use techstream to do an all keys lost procedure which will reprogram your original key and your 2nd fob you are trying to program. This requires a reseed process. Locksmith will do a similar process but depending on his programming setup his equipment will generate the correct seed code from the hardwares proprietary software etc.

It’s possible to use and program a used fob but this is the only ways. None of that chicken dance shit will program a used fob.

I do these types of programming for people about 2-3 times a week sometimes.

4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You need help from a "professional".
    If not a dealer, then a locksmith who does that kind of automotive keys.