1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key Fob Shock

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by wookie, Jun 15, 2009.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    considering all the improvements the 2010 has over the classics, an improvement in the security system really seems to be a no-brainer. resting on the classics "unstealable" laurels can only last so long. crooks are not stupid. they will figure out a way to steal a Pri.

now all i have to worry about is the SPM since the 2010 just puts the crooks a few years behind the curve

PS...

**disclaimer**

the post above in no way whatsover under any circumstances or in any stretch of the imagination implies that the classics are easy to steal

**end of disclaimer**

2. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The laser cut mechanical key should slow down the crooks a bit. The mechanical lock can still be picked, but it requires different equipment than with the old style key. They could still use a $60 bump key, instead of a $2 one. And they'll probably have to convince a locksmith to cut it for them, which isn't going to happen.

3. accordingly

accordingly Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My dealer offered me a 5-year key fob replacement warranty for $200... probably worth $40 a year it if you are absentminded at all.