1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key fob

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by colbertfan1, Sep 6, 2012.

1. colbertfan1

colbertfan1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all,

A few weeks ago my prius was totaled. I still have one of my old key fobs. This past Friday I purchased a new prius, which is still at the dealer because they are adding something to it. Anyhow, I asked them if they could sync my old fob with the new car. I haven't heard back how much they will charge for it. Has anyone done this before? If so, do you remember how much they charged you?

Thanks in advance

2. Tim Field

Tim Field New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just had mine done today. Dealer also disabled the continuous beeps while in reverse (single beep now) Total bill was $91.oo including tax... Basically, they charged me for 1 hour of labor.

Good Luck,
    Tim

a priori likes this.
  3. colbertfan1

colbertfan1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks. I just heard back from the dealer and they are going to charge $55.

4. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't believe it. They'll try the "add key" function, and it wont work on your used key. So if they don't know how to add a used key, they'll just say that your old key didn't work.

If they do understand it all, they'll do a seed reset, add the used key, then add back the rest of the keys. Probably more than a half hour labor, so round up to an hour. I'd estimate an hour's labor, bare minimum.