1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Key Update and Seatbelt Light Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by egon10psi, May 14, 2017.

1. egon10psi

egon10psi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update to our key problem: We bought the car with 2 fobs that ONLY started the car once inserted. They didn't unlock or lock or use the smart function. 1 of the keys was original the other was purchased new a year ago from a dealer and the dealer programmed it wrong. We found that out form the new dealer. They told us to call the old dealer and have them fix it. Of course after it being a year they they wouldn't do anything for us.

Cost estime is 150 for the key and 150 for labor. Anything else I can try or is this our only option?

Second ?

I turned the seatbelt chime off for the passenger seat for when my dog rides. Are there any tricks or fuses I can pull to also turn off the seat belt warning light on the dash? Warning lights bug me. I just want to know if I can disable it.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    electrical tape?

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. egon10psi

egon10psi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    lol....that will make it worse for my OCD.

bisco likes this.
  4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought the trick to disable the alarm also disabled the light. But in any case, my only suggestion is plug the seatbelt in.

5. egon10psi

egon10psi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It didn't appear to do so for me. The alarm stopped so I know I turned the beep off. I could just leave the passenger seat belt plugged in the whole time I guess.