1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keyfob not working, metal key only operates driver door

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Seninha, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Seninha

Seninha Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Let me first introduce myself. After several different cars (Audi, BMW, Renault, Alfa and Saab) i just purchase my first Toyota.
    it's a 2004 Prius Gen 2, Silver, and as far as I can see its a non SKS version.

I bought the car with first of all knowing about the 299.999km problem, and this issue is going to be solved soon.
    Other issue is something that is keeping me busy for the last 2 days.

After purchasing the car, I notice that my keyfob didn't loch the car. But soon after doing some research I found out that you could program it your self.
    Having NON SKS in my car (at least, that is what I think), i did the non SKS version of programming.
    VErystep works great after the lock and unlocking of the car twice. After that I need to press both lock and unlock button , and then press the lock only.
    But nothing happens. Door does not react at all. Red light flashes but thats all.

If I try the SKS version, nothing happens again.

After several attempts I had enough of it s I locked the car using the metal key to go home. But then I notice that only the driver door is locked. Rest of the doors stay unlock.

No idea if both issues are related. Wonder if anybody can give me a push in the right direction

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, the issues are not related, that is how it works. If you want all doors locked, you need to lock them with the lock button on the armrest. You then lock the driver's door with the metal key.

3. Seninha

Seninha Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks dolj...Good to know that this is the way it should work.
    Now figure out why i am not able to program none of my keys (have 2 of them).