1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Keyless Entry defect, or normal?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by davide, Feb 14, 2011.

1. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree it's not rocket science and pushing the fob twice is easy enough. Sometimes, I"ll obsess wanting my technology to perform to it's fullest design, but occassionally, I'm just not smart enough or patient to spend time figuring it out. Like disabling the SKS: open/close the driver door how many times and pushing the FOB unlock button how many times? I laugh at myself as I sit there trying to figure it out! This may be a conspiracy by those electronic engineers...lol.

2. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm peeved there is no way to open the hatch (open, not just unlock) without physically going to it and using the SKS. There should be a button inside the car to pop the hatch open AND there should be a button on the key fob that does the same thing.

My 1998 Saab had such a feature and it was so handy. Why Prius couldn't have included such a simple feature is beyond my comprehension.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it would be nice when your in the car and someone else is trying to open the hatch. my wifes hycam has both.

4. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yeah, the hatch design is probably my biggest complaint in the design of the car (at the moment). I store things in the hatch area and need to access it a lot. Being able to pop open the hatch by pushing a button is a big deal in terms of convenience.

The other thing I don't like is that the toneau cover is a rolling thing, rather than a stationary cover that attaches to and will lift up when the hatch is raised (again like what existed on my Saab). That way, contents in the hatch/trunk stayed hidden. The cover could be easily removed if one needed to fold down the seats to have full cargo capacity. So it acted like a trunk but was a hatchback.

Toyota failed on this hatch design, IMHO.

5. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I hate that cover so much that it was removed within weeks of my getting the car. Then again, I've also got 5% tint on the back, so you really can't even see anything in the car anyway. That cover has sad in my garage, getting dustier everyday.

As for the door unlock, I recommend to program it to what you would use most. Since 90%+ of the time it's just me, I only have it unlock the driver door. I don't mind pressing the button for others on those exception times where there's others getting into the car. Same with the trunk, it gets used about once a week on average. I reach into my pocket on my way to the car, press the button twice, and open the hatch. Not much of an inconvenience, more of a smart usage of time.