1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

keyless entry

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SillyMe, Jun 23, 2018.

1. SillyMe

SillyMe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hello,

I have a 2013 prius C package 3 with keyless entry. I have progressively had problems with locking and unlocking the car. At first it was giving me weird errors like a flashing triangle saying key was "detected in car". Now it won't lock the car with the fob.

I replaced the battery and I have two fobs. Both fobs are having the same issue.

I pushed the keyless entry button under the steering wheel and that made no difference.

Any suggestions? Is this a known issue?

2. DJ in Wisconsin

DJ in Wisconsin New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had the same problem with the occasional 'key detected' signal, but now the car can be locked/unlocked only with the fob. I cannot open or lock the door by the handle or the hatchback handle. If I try to lock the door by holding my hand over the handle, I get the 'long beep' that is supposed to happen when I try to lock the car with the keys inside (or a door ajar, etc.). Any ideas? thanks.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    test the 12 volt battery health.

dubit likes this.
  4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Keyless entry button under the steering wheel?

5. imgprojts

imgprojts New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm having the same issue. The keyless entry some times works. Like It may not work in the morning as I get into the car, but then work later when I get to work. My battery voltage is around 13V or so (LifePo4) and my key fobs were tried both using new cells and then after draining the cells to 3V. Some people were saying that the fob voltage sometimes is too high with new cells. Neither fob works now. Its gotten to the point where it sometimes works rather than sometimes doesn't work. When it works, its all normal. When it doesn't work, the car can still be locked from inside using the door buttons or from outside using the mechanical key (which is annoying to use as hell). I opened the driver's side rear panel to see the receiver. I did that because I was getting TPMS errors too but without having a flat tire. Sometimes I drive the kids to school and as soon as the rear driver side door closes I get the long beeps and screen indicating that the key is not detected... Placing the fob near the start button doesn't fix that, so I just drive home with that annoying thing happening in the background. Anyway, I can't find any wiring diagrams out there for the Prius C 2014 so its a little frustrating. I want to know what fuses to check specifically that control that function to see if they are burnt. I checked all the fuses on the little box in side the engine compartment to the left and there is nothing on the right side one. But there is another fuse box that I haven't checked yet in the passenger compartment near the driver's leg.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    could be a bad ecu or corrosion. you can find the service manual with schematics at techinfo.toyota.com

imgprojts likes this.