1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kia EV 6 at dealer {with add on}

Discussion in 'Hyundai/Kia/Genesis Hybrids and EVs' started by Sgt Bill, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Sgt Bill

Sgt Bill Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Driving by a local KIA dealer Sunday and on the front lot was a brand new EV 6 Wind, nice car ,sticker price $ 53,000 and change and then I saw an addition to the sticker “Additional Ads”, $12,000.How about that!!!!

2. ems2158

ems2158 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I bought an Ioniq5 for $500 under MSRP (military discount). Basically the same as the EV 6 but with a little more interior room with a few miles less EV range.

Shop around. There are deals to be found.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    like when we bought our Prius, we will wait until someone falls on hard times then swoop in to snatch up a bargain all the while avoiding the disgusting sales Critters.

5. Marine Ray

Marine Ray Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    What does this have to do with Prius? Valuable info but better suited in the Fred's House of Pancakes section.

GSK and MTN like this.
  6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you for your thoughtful insights. You should be a moderator.

Trollbait likes this.
  7. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Now that we have an understanding of and have experienced the joy of driving an EV, even if it is only 25 miles on EV, many of us are planning to upgrade to a pure EV. The EV6 and Ionique 5 along with the Toyota BZ___ are ones that I would buy in a heartbeat if they were available at my local dealer at MSRP. So I appreciate the OP's input.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  8. Marine Ray

Marine Ray Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'ved erred many a time posting in the wrong section. :) PriusChat is a great resource. P.S. - I am an admin/moderator on the Facebook Prius Prime Owner's Group. 3,400 members. Come join us. Could use your knowledge. Due to current market, we've experienced more recent new growth of folks that have bought used Prius Primes.

Prius Prime Owners

9. eatriceyo

eatriceyo Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    don't forget the subaru solterra

10. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I understand that they are built on the same platform, but I know virtually nothing about it. Is there any reason to buy a Subaru over a Toyota? I bought a 75 model in 1978 when I was living in Wahiawa. I was not impressed.

11. eatriceyo

eatriceyo Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    toyota will soon hit the 200k ev unit limit that you can get a tax credit for so getting the solterra would be a better option if you want the same platform and style with just minor differences.

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    *moved to Hyundai/Kia/Genesis section*
    Also design. You may prefer the Solterra’s grey painted fenders over the plastic or piano black fenders of the bZ4X.

Or maybe it’s easier to tell your relatives and friends you bought a Solterra instead of bZ4X when they inquire about your new ride.

Salamander_King and Marine Ray like this.
  13. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    iirc - the 200k limit / incentive 1st gets reduced - before it goes away altogether, so all is not lost .... it just means less incentive $$ than pre-200K sold plugins.

14. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As already commented, the tax credit is going to be running out for Toyota soon. Subaru has a long way to go. For that reason, I reserved a Solterra, although there is no guarantee I will get one. Besides, I like the name Solterra better than bZ4X. One big difference between Solterra and bZ4X is that all three Subaru Solterra trims come with eAWD standard, you can not buy a Solterra in FWD model. bZ4X on the other hand will have both eAWD and FWD versions. This makes FWD trims of bZ4b less expensive and more efficient and longer range than Solterra equivalent trims.

I considered EV6 and Ioniq 5, but currently, I can't find either of them under $50K. MachE is my dream car, but after looking into all the specs, I realized it is not a very utilitarian car. I would rather spend money on utility than performance.

#14 Salamander_King, Mar 30, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  15. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here in Montana, nearly ½ of the cars on the road are Subaru - if they are not an SUV or AWD pickup truck. That's because they're relatively cheap, long lasting, AWD, & reliable. That's not necessarily indicative of their upcoming all-electric - but it is likely to be a good indicator.
    Kia Hyundai on the other hand charge faster, go farther on a charge, and have a super great warranty. It's good to have choices.

16. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Niro has a lot of EV6 features. It shares the steering wheel and seats. The info/climate panel and shifter is shared with other Kia vehicles. And it has some neat features for its class like a HUD and V2L. Reclining rear seats are a nice addition too. It should sell well. There's a number of Niro EVs in my neighbourhood.