1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kids are smart these days...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ChipL, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A running joke between my fiancé since the days I started looking at getting my Prius in lusting in replacing my 8yo Baja - is that when I pass a dealership, I want a new car! LOL

So yesterday we are taking his 15yo cousin out for breakfast, and we pass a car dealership with a large display of new rides on front row. I glance over in passing, the fiancé (Eric) says we can stop after breakfast and trade in the Prius. His cousin pipes up, saying you will never get the gas mileage that I currently do!

He had been impressed by the almost 57mpg on the trip computer screen I had up when he got in. :) I was more impressed that he noticed it! Hope for the younger generation...

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You missed a wonderful chance to totally derail a beautiful mind.

When he exclaims you'll never get the gas mileage you currently are getting?

That's when you slam your hands against the steering wheel, lower the the window,- spit...and say...

" Gas Mileage ain't everything boy. Nothin' beats a growlin' 8 cylinder engine and the sheer fun of torque on demand! "

Then you both go test drive a just about anything on a Dodge Lot. Do some donuts in a empty parking lot, Come home, watch a few episodes of Top Gear.

We don't want youth to get too smart on us too quickly. Our only chance is to throw them a curve ball once in a while. I say, have some fun now, before they are ignoring you later in the Old Folks Home.

ChipL likes this.