1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Kindle and Kindle Fire discussion

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Sep 6, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Amazon announced way more devices and variants than I expected today.

There's a "letter" on the front page of Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more right now.

You can get some idea of the plethora of choices by going to Kindle - Best-Selling Ereader - Only $69 and then scrolling to the bottom.

Lots of coverage at Amazon -- Engadget. It's interesting that the cheapest Kindle is down to $69 and the cheapest Kindle Fire is now down to $159! Talk about aggressive pricing.

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Well the Kindle Fire is like a cheap HP printer. You're paying for the service (Prime) in the long run. The one I'm most interested is the 64GB KF8.9 HD LTE. Too bad they built it like an iPad with no external storage and no rear camera. If it included both, I'd order it in a heart beat. No doubt there will be excellent XDA support to unlock its full potential. Also The KF LTE is an AT&T device. Once that one year $50 data is up, you'll have get the AT&T's smartphone/tablet data plan.
    Maybe in a few months when the dust have settled, I'll pick up a used KF8.9 32GB for under $300. For now, I'm sticking with the biggest phone you can buy, the galaxy Note 10.1. Being an international version, I can use the AT&T's dumb phone unlimited data plan without throttle for $15 a month. The only thing sucks about this tablet is the low res screen. I've seen similar res screen and I think I can live with it for now.