1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Knee Instrument Panel Removal - Please Help

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by Jay Chu, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Jay Chu

Jay Chu New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech

I'm trying to remove the panel highlighted in the photo to run wire for a USB charging port beneath the aircon vent.

Can someone who's done this before show me the rope?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The area highlighted in your photo is part of the lower instrument panel sub-assembly, a single piece that extends across the entire interior, all the way to the left front door opening. It’s not trivial to remove; you’d be removing essentially all of the instrument panel trim.

I’d recommend looking at the Repair Manual (more info; you need the right-hand drive version, as available on toyotamanuals.com.au), under Vehicle Interior: Interior Panels/Trim: Lower Instrument Panel. The procedure begins with removal of the upper instrument panel assembly, itself a complicated task.

As you look at the illustrations in the procedures, you may be able to identify smaller parts—such as the No. 1 switch hole base, the panel with the mirror and power switches seen in your photo—that would be easier to remove and provide the access you need. Be sure to heed the warnings about work near SRS (airbag) parts.

Jay Chu likes this.