1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Knock, Knock! Who's there? The Chinese 250 mi. EV

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by Rokeby, Oct 20, 2009.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Plus .... Nissan's Leaf is going to be made in the USA soon ... batteries and all. It's bad enough that our toxic, explosive, fossil fuels primarily come from countries trying to blow us up ... do I really want to de-sponsor U.S. made products any further than they already are? Too many more jobs get farmed out to china, we'll wonder what U.S. citizens are supposed to do for income/money, to even BUY a car. I give cudos to Nissan for manufacturing here in the U.S. ESPECIALLY for taking responsibility for dealing with waste/byproducts/pollution of manufacturing ... rather than simpy off shoring our pollution to other countries by manufacturing off shore.

Although I admire Warren Buffett's business savvy thinking ... Mr Buffett does the U.S. a disservice when he seeks to turn U.S. auto manufacturing into one more WalMart style shopping center. How many more billions does this ol' codger need to make (on the backs of U.S. auto industry workers) before he kicks the bucket?

2. Duffer

Duffer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Those darn Chinese are not playing by the rules... EVs only have a range of 100 miles, 75 in real life. We need to trickle out the technology, don't give the people what they want for goodness sakes!

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I thought this was interesting, along w/the pics. From the buttons around the nav system, I wonder if Denso is supplying them w/that. Dest, menu, map and disp buttons are found on all previous gen (and some current gen?) Toyota/Lexus nav systems. It's interesting that they have a joystick for the shifter very similar one found in a Prius. But, there's no park button. It's instead a shift position.

Coming to America: The Chinese BYD e6 - KickingTires

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i know there are a LOT of people waiting for Nissan to fail, but i think the TN plant coming online will open a lot of people's eyes to how this can really work for them. the Volt is a great option and it has proven itself to be well thought out (although still too much money) evidenced by the fact that after 1.5 million miles, Volt owners report about 80% of that is electric.

but at the same time, we had one LEAF owner unhappy with his 80 mile range who traded it in on a Volt then bragged he hadnt been to the gas station in 3 months, so 80 miles was not good enough but 40 miles is?? Wth!!

during our annual EV fair, i talked with this one guy who has a 30 mile commute (he lives in same neighborhood complex as the Volt owner who plugs in downtown every day) and admitted that a LEAF would cover that just fine but then stated that they had to visit MIL in Salem once a month because she had cancer and it would not work. i asked how he got there now (he was driving a Charger but had 3 kids) he stated they took the mini-van. i then asked him why he would pile all his kids into a LEAF for a 200 mile trip (which is doable!) when the mini van was much more suited?

his answer; "no reason in particular but what if i just want to?"

because of that, he discounted the LEAF as an option.

5. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    BYD = "Boy you’re dumb" to buy from China!