1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

knock/tick/click sound under load and acceleration

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nicnacpatwac, Sep 10, 2016.

1. evans2362

evans2362 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Did you ever find out what the noise was. Mine is doing the same thing.

2. evans2362

evans2362 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Anyone find the fix for this issue

3. Marshall Mason

Marshall Mason New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My '05 does this exact damn thing, the part about it that confuses the hell out of me is it does it at any speed but only when the RPM's go up and the sound only comes front the front left side (where the electric motor is), the front right side is quiet. I had all the windows up so I could clearly hear where the sound was coming from.

4. Ray in Dallas

Ray in Dallas New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hey Guys. I had to replace my engine in my Prius V 2014. Now I’ve noticed this knocking sound when I slow down. I noticed when I’m slowly accelerating and the electric motor is going because the battery is at purple the sounds are more prevalent. Now I told this to the Toyota dealer that I believe the electric motor is failing and probably needs to be replaced. But I couldn’t replicate the sound then. Now another thing the car burns up about 2-4 maybe 5qt of oil. I check the oil EVERY time I fill the car up. The spark plugs are iridium not the basic ones toyota recommends. I also fill the gas up to the tippy top? Could that be the cause of the sound?

What irked me when I was at Toyota the guy said till the engine throws a code they can’t really do anything. So I’m terrified at any moment my engine is just gonna go dead or stop accelerating. I have noticed the sound gets worse when going up hills at a slightly elevated incline. Anyway I have a video of my sound but system won’t let me upload till I make four posts I guess so let me do that

5. Ray in Dallas

Ray in Dallas New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    This is my second post to prove I’m human.

6. Ray in Dallas

Ray in Dallas New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My third post so that I can upload the video to show you guys what my sound sounds like. And I have over 260k miles but again used engine.

7. Ray in Dallas

Ray in Dallas New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Here is my fourth post I’m hoping I can post the link to YouTube.
    It didn’t work. I have to exceed 4

8. ClassyRuski

ClassyRuski New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2006 Prius has 190k miles and has been continuously serviced for oil and whatnot. It started making a ticking noise when pressing the gas. Ticking goes away when braking. Wheel bearing was replaced and it does not make the noise on turns. nothing in tire tread. Any ideas?

Attached Files: