1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Knocking/bumping when engine turns on/off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rodri9o, Sep 3, 2019.

1. nancytheprius

nancytheprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    it was an older couple’s second car and was not driven much. It sat for two years before he sold it, but from what he told me is that he would drive it around once a week around his neighborhood for two years to keep everything functional. Seemed to do the trick, but we will see how long the battery lasts!

2. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If prior owner was conscientious enough to drive it weekly, he probably otherwise maintained it well for fluids, etc. It probably will last some time. Rubber bushings etc. may need a look see but if suspension is solid, then who knows? My front end 2007 is original and only one of the rubber bushings is starting to show degradation on close exam. Struts will eventually need replacement and will do the entire front end work then. Still drives as well as I need it to. When I have the dealer do the oil changes twice a year, even they can’t see anything they want to charge me to do.