1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Know Your Prime's Exact Date of Production

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by stevepea, Mar 1, 2018.

1. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Just a quick bit of info. I remember a while back people were posting when their Prime was made (month and year only) by looking on the door jam to see the month and year.

However when I took my Prime into the local Toyota dealer for its scheduled service, I was surprised to see that along with my VIN, license plate, and the correct date sold ("in service") -- even though I bought it from another dealer far away -- the computer also printed out the Exact Date my Prime was manufactured! ("production")

So it appears Toyota doesn't just keep that information to itself, and releases your car's exact date of manufacture (most likely referenced by VIN)... and if your dealership prints that information out on your service receipts, you can see your Prime's exact birthday.

(Don't spill any champagne on the carpet...)

2. Skapruisprime

Skapruisprime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I dont know the exact date but the drivers door panel states 12/17

3. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Right, most cars show month/year on the door panel, but not the exact date.
    It seems the Prime's exact date of manufacture is information included (and forwarded to dealerships) with the VIN.

Just curious: has anyone else out there had their local Toyota dealer print out the exact date of manufacture of your Prime (along with the VIN, License, etc) on the receipts when you take it in for service? Or just this one dealership I happened to go to, that printed my car's exact date of manufacture?