1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Koito 47-32 LED headlights stopped working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jaja268, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Jaja268

Jaja268 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a Prius 2011 with Advanced technology package and hence LED headlights (Koito 47-32). The left low beam light stopped working and dealer stats that the whole unit 8118547350 has to be replaced since it is a sealed unit (would cost more than 1k).

I expected that those LED lights should have a very long lifespan (prob more than 20000hours?) and I think it lasted only less than 20% of that. My km stand is 115000km so even worst case scenario going 30km/h means it has worked at most 4000 hours. Am I right in my frustration? Should I expect also the right one to fail soon?!

Also it is difficult to find a second hand unit in Europe, if someone knows another parts that could fit as well please mention it.
    I see 8118547330 is the similar one for US markets (not sure what's the difference) and 8118547340 for Japan (I expect it to blind the left incoming traffic)

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Nope you're stuck with that unit It's a real pain and that's why I steered clear of anything with the double fake projectors they are proprietary setup and now you're seeing why hopefully the aftermarket may have you covered in a year or so I don't know maybe now look up aftermarket lights for that car they're going to cost you regardless I'm not willing to pay $1,000 a headlight no surf forget it so I don't buy any cars that have those premium setups no sir they do go bad a lot faster than you think everybody thinks he's LEDs are going to last half a millennium not till the manufacturing's up and done properly