1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

KYB - Strut-Plus Twin-Tube Complete Strut Assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Ashy Anklez, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Ashy Anklez

Ashy Anklez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi everyone. I wanted to know if anyone has had any issues with KYB - Strut-Plus™ Complete Strut Assembly or other brand

How many miles?

2. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    KYB is a premium shock that is manufactured In Japan. Most likely, your OEM struts were manufactured by KYB. Good stuff, Maynard!

3. wheezyglider

wheezyglider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Around here KYB is the go-to replacement for keeping the original feel and quality. (As you probably know, Toyota doesn't sell the complete assembly. ) When I changed out my struts several months ago for new KYB ones, the old factory rears still had KYB stickers on them.

I've never seen complaints in these forums about KYB struts -- except from people who just want a different feel than the factory original.

4. Kiiing

Kiiing Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After doing a good amount of research I went with KYB. The consensus is that they're the OEM manufacturer. I have a 2013 with 160k plus miles and just having to change them out. The passenger side is still has some life in it. I won't know until I install them, but if they're OEM they'll definitely last.