1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LA Times: Prius inquiry takes a detour

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by a1a1a1, Mar 11, 2010.

1. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    And that is Toyota's biggest problem - an absence of transparency.

2. wipslin

wipslin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It wud be nice for them to come up with the real cause of the runaway accel. I owned an upscale competition hatchback (no point in naming brand here), '89 model, which had an engine runaway while at 45-50mph when car had about 50k miles. This was before internet. Was able to stomp on brakes, slow down & turned off ignition. Did not report incident. Problem did not repeat till car finally croaked after 150k+ miles. Don't know if anyone know of other brand or make ever suffered such runaway accele?

Cheers,

3. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I didn't intimate that they would attack his character, only that they may call it driver error like almost every alleged UA case really is. But you're right, the web has reacted to his apparent character already. Just like the web and news media has been busy portraying Toyota as a big bad greedy corporation. Both cases are based on people's interpretation of the information that has been made available. Perfectly natural.

- D

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The very existence of these logs raises serious privacy concerns, so I wouldn't presume that recorders would keep longer than the required length just because they can. The length should be a management decision made in consultation with the legal department, not whatever maximum length the hardware designer can shoehorn in there.

And don't give me that garbage about just 5 seconds costing more because the old small chips are outdated. Since when does the memory loop have to fill the whole chip, instead of being just the exact desired length?