1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LA to Mammoth Mountain trip

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by skierrob, Mar 10, 2019.

1. skierrob

skierrob Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just took a trip from Long Beach to Mammoth Mountain and back - climbing from right about sea level to over 7,000 feet on the drive which is about 300 miles each way.

Started off with a full tank of gas and a full electrical charge, but had no opportunities to charge on the trip itself. Got 51.7 mpg round trip which I thought wasn’t bad at all given that I was driving about 75 mph during the drive there and back. And since it dropped into the teens temperature wise on the mountain itself - with most of my driving in 30 and 40 degree temperatures.

As I had just gotten my Prime six days earlier, it was also the first time I ran my gas tank to “empty”. Was surprised with the low fuel light on that the car only took 9.3 gallons of gas. Doesn’t it have a 12 gallon tank? That means I had about 150 miles of “reserve” fuel left, right? That’s a lot of reserve fuel!

Robert

Attached Files:

jerrymildred likes this.
  2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not bad! The tank is 11.4 gallons according to the brochure.

It's going to be a month or two before I have to get gas since I just got mine three days ago and don't have any trips coming up soon, but I was wondering about how much it would take when DTE hit 0. Looks like it's close to the same as my PiP.

BTW, you might want to change the info in your profile to match the fantastic car you just bought. :D

skierrob likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah it leaves 8 litres reserved or 2.1 gallons. That’s matches what you saw.

It used to be larger. 10 litres or 2.6 gal