1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Labor of Love....washing the dirt away!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by orenji, Oct 10, 2016.

?
  1. Self Wash at Home or Do it Yourself Car Wash

30 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Car Wash by others (Local Car Wash Business)

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Mobil Wash Service/Detail Company

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Drive Through at a Gas Station

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Jimi1976

Jimi1976 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Summer: wash my car if I have time.
    Winter: take it to a car wash

A few weeks ago - I shampooed the interior

orenji likes this.
  2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I take our Prius to the local Chevron where they have an automated car wash (car is parked and the water goes around the car). Only do this every so often (the last time was on our Prii's 7th birthday :)).

She is pretty dirty now, but it's supposed to rain this weekend, so I may park outside and take advantage;).

3. Starship_Enterprius

Starship_Enterprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    I do all of the above depending on what suits the situation.

But I do admit my clay bar, chamois clothes, and random orbiter hasn't seen action in a decade. My carnauba wax are all dried and cracking already.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I've started using a corded-electric leaf blower for drying the car, very efficient and thorough.

Wolfman33 and orenji like this.
  5. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    For the last year I have had to shift from self washing the car to using a car wash, age is catching up.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In balmy Santa Monica? Nah nah, don't give up!

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Age and circumstance have conspired against me.

I currently live in an environment that doesn't really allow for hand/bucket washing.

But when I was younger and in different living environments....hand washing is absolutely the best.

Unfortunately, I just can't do it from a convenience standpoint or more and more, an energy applicable standpoint. So I find myself taking the real risk involved in using drive through, occasionally a coin-op. But it's NOT as good.

I would say, some fantastic products are readily available in the form of instant or quick waxes that really do an amazing job and are easy to use and apply.

It's all a bit of a compromise, but tricks I learned when I did more...allow me to keep my vehicle looking better than most now, without the sacrifice of entire weekends to wash, wax, polish, seal and detail the entire vehicle.

orenji and Mendel Leisk like this.
  8. destenvise

destenvise New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Do you know how much I wish I could say that I love washing my car myself? The truth is that I'd love to have a hand-washed car but have no interest in actually doing it myself. I am lucky enough to have a very reasonable and trustworthy mobil detailer that comes to my office park pretty frequently and since I have 3 greyhounds we need some serious vacuuming. They've never failed to amaze me with their skills at getting dog hair off the ceiling. I'll take her to a local car wash place if I need to knock the salt off during the winter months. Don't judge, I swear I love my car just as much as you do, and will even throw single crumbs/hairs/lints out the window if I find one anywhere on the interior!

Lightning Racer and orenji like this.