1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LAN Monitor EMV codes assistance needed

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by btrotter, May 11, 2013.

1. btrotter

btrotter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My 2008 Prius had the red triangle come on a couple days ago. I connected it to a MSD Dashhawk scan tool and it said there were no current or historical codes. I did however do the Display-Light-switch trick to pull up the diagnostic menu.
    When I went in to LAN Monitor EMV, I have the following two codes in there. I have been searching on the net for what they mean but havent pulled anything up yet.
    Anyone here know their meaning?

01-DB 190-61-F
    01-DB 110-8E-1

Thank you for your help.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Disregard the LAN monitor codes as these are of no use since they are for things like the NAV unit, Audio devices, etc. You will need a Prius specific code reader to be able to pull the correct codes. Your best bet may be with the dealer unless you know someone with a proper code reader. The dealer will probably charge in the neighborhood of $100 to pull the codes for you.

For a 2008 model you most likely have under 100,000 miles which is what the HV battery is warranted for. If there is a problem with the HV battery it will be covered under the warranty.