1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lane Assist not functioning - Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Azfar Iqbal Janjua, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Azfar Iqbal Janjua

Azfar Iqbal Janjua Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hi Guys
    I observed today that my Lane Assist is not working suddenly and without any error on the screen. I have checked it is enabled in the setting but still not working.

Anybody can help me know its working and the fix.

The only change i did recently is to add some sound deadening sheets in the front doors, may be that caused LKA to stop functioning. If someone can share its detailed working than may be i can understand and resolve the issue.

I doubt on the doors sound deadening sheet because it BSM and Parking assistance having no issue and is in working condition.

Looking forward some help from the forum members.
    My Car is 2018 Prius Prime Plug-In

Kind Regards

Azfar

2. ForestBeekeeper

ForestBeekeeper Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    That feature on our 2017 Plugin only works occasionally. In our case, its working or not seems to be exclusively a matter of the pavement conditions.

If there is snow on the road, gravel, dirt anything that seems to obscure the fog line, then the vehicle can not detect the fog line.

Azfar Iqbal Janjua likes this.
  3. Azfar Iqbal Janjua

Azfar Iqbal Janjua Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks buddy...

yes correct... the Lane Assist only works where there are road line and it only keep it monitoring during drive above 35 only..

Although i have got the solution to my problem, and that was my own fault that i turned it off from the steering sometime ago, and now its working fine when it turned ON after seeing some youtube reference videos...

Thank you for your quick reply, BUT i am still curious to know "how LDA or Lane Assist works? and what are the indicators checked by it to maintain it?

4. road2cycle

road2cycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    This was from the 2021 owners manual. You might check what it states in the 2018 owners manual since I think your model uses a different version of TSS.

AE8B4AB6-8EEF-42EB-91B5-01C7360DADD6.png EA67FEF1-2D80-45D1-9DA1-CDFAF600AA5A.png

Azfar Iqbal Janjua likes this.