1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lane change warnings

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by ETP, Mar 30, 2022.

1. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Are there any audio warnings that a vehicle is in the lane you are attempting to go into?

The flashing light is not enough for me, but I do appreciate it!

I know there is rear cross traffic alerts in certain situations.

2. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    No, the blind spot monitor doesn't have audio warnings and the Lane departure warning won't activate if your turn signal is on. Cross traffic alert is when you're pulling out of a parking space.

You should be looking at the mirrors and turning your head to check your blind spots before changing lanes. You never know if the system is glitching or somebody from 2 lanes away is also starting a maneuver. If you have an accident it is ultimately going to be the driver held liable. Safety systems are just a tool to help avoid accidents but they aren't foolproof.

schja01 and Salamander_King like this.
  3. eliteconcept

eliteconcept 700 mile club, top tank mpg 69.5

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    like MalachyNG said. The system is admittedly much less functional when I compare it in my 22 vs my wifes 2019 crv. On the Honda if you have turn signal on and the blindspot sensor indicates a car in the lane it makes a noise and vibrates the wheel if i recall correctly. The prius does not.