1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lane Keep Assist

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Buffalonian, May 29, 2009.

1. Buffalonian

Buffalonian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We are currently trying to decide between package IV or package V (with the advanced technical package).

For those of you with the latter, how well does the lane keep assist work? Specifically, does it do well in heavy rain, or on highways where the lane markings have faded over time (but which are still more or less visible)?

Dealers in our area are apparently getting one 2010 Prius each sometime next week which we can test drive. Hopefully it won't be too long after that until we can get one to buy! I am assuming there won't be too many package V with ATP out there.

2. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Can we get more updates about LKA, I have seen a few write ups, but most are going to gather more experience and then update us. Anybody got the scoop yet? I have seen lots of feedback about adaptive cruise control.

3. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No feedback yet...on second page already :-(

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Search for a priori's post. He's talked a bit about the LKA.

5. emailchuckmartin

emailchuckmartin New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have 09 Prius reasing you gusy for years now I need help. Guys need help ,I Drove from ABQ to Phoenix to try and get a 2012 prius/plug in or NOT... with (5) package AT , from any dealer anywhere?????no one seems to want to help except move the loosers they have in sotck......they say toyota will not (is not?)taking Prius orders ., ha," excuse me while climb back on the turnip truck I just fell of of" (I think they are stuck ( I saw lot of ENTRY LEVEL pRIUSS ON LOTS...WHATS UP ? all had a bunch 2 packaged prius' they can not sell) and I think they musrt move before Toyota gives them any more???guessing???? have to move cheap commuter loosers 1st before we can get what we really (alot of us want) for saftety and comfort......need dealer to work with will pay cash for what I want...not what they have...Prius plug in, pearl white , faux leather tan interior ...cash deal now!!!!where does one exist ?Frt no problem.........there is one dirty one black on black on black they can not give away in this 120 degree heat , but so be it....cash is not king any more it simply you get what we have , or nothing at all, .....why offer if it is not available or so hard to get. please put me in contact with anyone who has the pearl white with at package (5) and I'll send him cashiers ck to show serious ...help if yoyu can
    thanks
    CHUCK MARTIN 505-242-3030
    [email protected]

6. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  7. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes you most certainly do. Wth are you blabbering about? I have an '04 and have never "reasing'd" or "gusy'd". And why do you hijack a thread on your first post? :mad: Perhaps you are still delirious after having driven so many miles without a firm deal in hand. :rolleyes:

Rather than wasting all that time driving around, do some searches here on PC and then ask questions from a more informed position. Or search for what you are looking for on Cars.com and contact a dealer that has what you are looking for. Few of us here really care that you have cash and freight is no problem. :rolleyes:

My apologies to the other PC members for my rant.

:focus:

8. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just an afterthought for Chuck can you not still go to Toyota's website build a car and then the will tell you where similar cars are that fit your criteria?

Posted from my iPhone via the Tapatalk app.

9. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    LKA works great if the lines and dashes along both sides of the lane are sufficiently bright. If they are faded, it will give you a quiet beep each time it drops-out and won't work at all on lanes that aren't marked with lines on both sides. LKA has reminded me that I have developed a habit of not using my turn-signal when changing lanes on the freeway. LKA remains silent when you use the turn-signal when crossing lanes and beeps loudly if you change lanes without signaling. DRCC is a delight, and reduces leg fatigue, while LKA is a nice add-on that provides some entertainment during long and boring drives. LKA could prevent an inattentive driver from drifting off the road, but may be most helpful for reminding a weary driver that it is time to take a break.

10. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yeah, I have no idea Wth he's saying.

1 person likes this.
  11. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You do realize that there's plenty of package II Prius owners here in this forum right? I honestly don't see how a II, or even a I would qualify as a "cheap commuter loosers." Also, how much safer and more comfortable do you think you would be in a Plugin Prius vs. a II?:hand:

Btw, this has nothing to do with LKA.

1 person likes this.