1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lane Sway system on but not working?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Caduceus, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Caduceus

Caduceus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have a 2017 Prime Premium. Back when I got it I played a bit with the lane sway system, and decided it wasn't for me (especially with crappy line painting around here) and turned it off.

Recently I was flipping through settings and noticed it was back on, but I've never seen any sign of it. I decided to test it, and it NEVER detects lanes regardless of how good the lines are.

All other systems seem to be working including the brake warning.

The only reason I can think of for it to have mysteriously turned on was that I had some 12V problems during the summer of lockdown, and it needed charging. It's possible the electronics reset as if it had been disconnected. But I don't know why lane sway doesn't seem to actually work while on.

Any ideas?

Edit: Before anyone asks, I probably still wouldn't use it, but I don't like the fact that it isn't working...

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have the LDA set to ON in the vehicle setting menu, in addition, to having the LDA switch ON from the steering wheel switch? If it is set to OFF in the vehicle menu setting, it will not turn on even if you push the steering wheel switch.

upload_2022-4-6_9-49-31.png