1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Laplogger BB OBD app Project

Discussion in 'OBDII Blackberry App' started by SFGiant-and-Plugin-Fan, Feb 17, 2011.

1. SFGiant-and-Plugin-Fan

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've e-mailed the folks at Laplogger.com, who have developed free and $14.95 versions of a Blackberry OBDII app to let them know that us Crackberry Prius owners, especially those of us with plug-in conversions, would love to see them make their Blackberry apps more Prius-friendly by adding gauges for Traction Battery Current, State of Charge, Traction Battery Voltage and Traction Battery Temperature, in addition to the more standard RPM, ignition advance (IGN), Hp and ICE Coolant Temperature. If you would like to see this happen, please join me in making a donation to the Laplogger BB OBDII app project at laplogger.com/support.shtml?fily=free_bb. They explicitly state that if we "would like more enhancements some beer(s) won't hurt." In the "Purpose" box that appears after you login to PayPal be sure to state that your donation is for the Prius-friendly BB (Beer and Blackberry?) app project![​IMG]

2. SFGiant-and-Plugin-Fan

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As I indicated in the original forum, I'd be happy to be the conduit between us and laplogger for conveying code, wants and needs. To get started, they need (besides beer money) "OBD raw code replies" and testers with an "ELM-based interface." I might be willing to be a tester, but I do not read OBD code for a living, so might need help with that. In their response to my latest e-mail, they indicate that:

"late vehicles are CAN MY06 and up the port is the same as per SAE. Do you have an interface already??? or access to one so it can be tried???. On the LL we have a cmd expert option where raw commands can be sent to the ECM and the answers are a bit cryptic but not so bad. If all of the above holds true it should be a matter of getting those raw codes dissecting them and good we go. Not sure if will be that easy but it just might."

I have an ELM327 bluetooth/ISB on order from ELM327.net and have downloaded Laplogger's free (and will likely purchase their full) version of their BB OBDII reader app. Do any of you have suggetions or answers to their questions? If so, I will be happy to pass them on.[​IMG]

3. SFGiant-and-Plugin-Fan

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Help!

OK, I'm about to receive my ELM327 OBD bluetooth interface and I'll soon be ready to start testing using the OBD "Cmd line" of the Laplogger BB app. I need some ideas on what I should be testing and what codes I should be entering. I think the Laplogger BB app expects to recieve "mode" and "PID" for each entry. The NHW11 xml spreadsheet for 2001-2003 Prius on the obdchat sourceforge site (VehicleDatabases) contains a column called "id", which I assume are PIDs. Where can I find PIDs for a Gen2 Prius, or are they the same? How can I determine the "mode" for each PID, which from what I've read is one of 9 different PID cattegories (i.e., 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 or 09)?

I was thinking I would test some basic codes and move on to some Prius specific stuff like Traction Battery Current, State of Charge, Traction Battery Voltage and Traction Battery Temperature). Any other ideas?