1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Larger Mirrors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by DavidSpivey, May 10, 2015.

1. DavidSpivey

DavidSpivey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My first car was a '95 Cadillac Deville, which had minuscule mirrors. Once I began to drive my dad's Mercury Montego, the difference was night and day. Now that I am considering an '06 Prius, I want to know if there are larger aftermarket replacement mirrors, or if something larger from another Toyota would work.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I suppose it might all come down to how Hillbilly you're willing to go with it.

IMO The Gen 3 Prius has disappointingly small mirrors. My solution to better the range of visibility are those blind spot mirrors.

3. DavidSpivey

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess I just don't understand why it wouldn't be as simple as getting some mirrors from another Toyota from a junkyard. I understand the mounting area might be shaped differently, but aren't the motors going to respond to the same control messages? Is there not another vehicle with larger mirrors, and the same "features" and connectors?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i can't say what might work, but i surmise smaller mirror are to reduce drag.

5. DavidSpivey

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    @bisco
    That may be true, but I consider lack of safety to be a big drag! ;-)

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    can't argue with that, tme's blind spot mirrors above are probably helpful. the whole prius is a difficult car to see out of.