1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

last day Michelin $70 rebate, tire rack $25 off X-Ice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cnschult, May 24, 2012.

1. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    4 Michelin X-Ice Xi2 185 65 15 $95 clearance to $70 = $280
    shipping of 4 tires $42
    4 Moda 15" black with machined accents wheels $88 clearance to $59 = $236 (and they're only 14.6 lbs!!)
    shipping of 4 wheels $41
    free mounting, balancing, hub-centric rings, lug nuts, lug spline

total price $599.18, 3% ebates cash rebate coming back to me, $70 michelin rebate coming back to me (ends today!!!!!), total price will eventually be $511

even if your winter tires are still good, you could probably buy just the tires and resell them in November for a handsome profit.

BTW, I've upgraded to touring wheels for the summer and will accept offers on my 15" gen II wheels, they're not perfect but nice enough to use for your winter set (paint is all intact but starting to bubble here and there). I have all 4 trim rings but missing 3 center caps,

2. akm3

akm3 First time Lebowski'er

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought these as well, I don't get any fancy rebates or anything but ...

Is there any problem just putting on these tires myself and *not* fussing with the TPMS (other than the light being on on the dashboard?)

When I put my summer tires back on next spring, will the existing TPMS then begin working properly again? I don't know much about the TPMS except it's a pain in the butt.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you don't mind the warning light then don't worry about the TPMS. I swapped to my old 17" wheels and didn't bother with the sensors. The light is pretty dim and not annoying.

4. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    just check your tires once a month, maybe a little more often as the weather cools and a little less often as the weather warms up.

if you purchased them new with a receipt you may be able to download the $70 rebate directly from the michelin website, not sure though I don't have time to check.