1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Latest/Newest 'Head Unit' Audio Update

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by '65 T-Bird, Jan 26, 2023.

1. '65 T-Bird

'65 T-Bird Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    01/26/2023 Took my 2016 Prius Three Touring to local Toyota Dealership in Sunnyvale, CA; had them do a complete 'Head Unit Update' which cost me $240. The customer service person who did the paperwork prior to the car being serviced informed me that only Toyota Technicians have the necessary equipment/knowledge to do a 'Complete Update'. After the update was completed, the 'Software Update History' file indicated the 'New Audio File' is now 0101A7.
    Given someone had recently posted the latest available via download was 13TDANNA-DA11_160.kwi which updates to 0101A0 or 0101A1, seems the customer service rep may be correct.
    Other than the 'Audio' being updated, have no idea what other, if any other, files get updated as part of the overall 'Head Unit Update'
    Had hoped the 'Gracenotes' firmware/software would also be updated, but that did not occur. Hopefully will be able to find 'Source' for same, download, then install update
    If anyone knows of a 'Reliable Source' for current/latest 'Gracenotes Database/Update', would greatly appreciate them posting same

Rbjr likes this.
  2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    That’s not correct. The public Toyota Software Updates website may have only older versions, but anyone can buy a Professional Diagnostic subscription to Toyota TIS (techinfo.toyota.com), from $65 for two days, and download the latest updates, just as dealers can; see this previous thread for an example.

As described in bulletin T-SB-0045-22, “Entune Audio Head Unit Software Update (Panasonic)” (PDF), April 29, 2022, installation requires no special tools or equipment, just a USB flash drive. The download links in the bulletin refer to files available in TIS; they don’t work in the copy linked here, on NHTSA’s server.

Rbjr likes this.