1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

latest # of HOV stickers issued?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by greenbaby!, Oct 12, 2005.

1. andrewlin

andrewlin New Member

3/20 bought car
    4/3 went to fastrack got transponder without license plate number
    4/4 sent out HOV applicatioin
    4/14 check cashed
    4/19 sticker received

HOV sticker #565xx :D :D :D

2. dpeezie

dpeezie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PDA Lover @ Apr 20 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]242677[/snapback]</div>
    You received your stickers without providing your license plate number? I'd say that either the number was available when they checked it, or there are some cruel people there messing with some of us.

Mine was sent back because it didn't include a license plate number.

3. migv1

migv1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dpeezie @ Apr 20 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]242851[/snapback]</div>
    I called before sending my application and I was told that sending it in without a license plate number would 'delay' my application. So I waited until I got my plates, sent it in, and got my stickers about 2 weeks later. While waiting for my plates, I saw a Civic hybrid with HOV stickers but no plates - I figured the guy had a relative at the DMV, but now I'm not so sure.

4. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(migv1 @ Apr 20 2006, 06:55 PM) [snapback]242880[/snapback]</div>
    Some people are getting them in a matter of days. Others like me waited much
    longer (2 months in my case). Incidently, I just got 2 calls from the DMV today
    to make sure I received my stickers since I called and complained so many times
    in the last 2 weeks.

PS: I did not have my license plates when I applied but I can't tell if that was the
    cause of the delay. It could be that the dealer was very slow and that my application
    was put at the bottom of the pile.

-Adriano

5. altdel

altdel Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(migv1 @ Apr 20 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]242880[/snapback]</div>
    I believe one big variable is this process is how fast your dealer sent in the paperwork and whether they used paper or electronic filing. I'd bet those that got their stickers in two weeks were lucky to have a dealer who filed fast and used electronic filing, and those who waited two months (like me) had a dealer who waited until the last day (10 days) to file using paper.
    Of course, there's the element of unpreditable processing delay in everything DMV....

6. andrewlin

andrewlin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dpeezie @ Apr 20 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]242851[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, forgot to mention I received the plate the day I submit my HOV application, so I did have a plate number in the application. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(altdel @ Apr 20 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]242893[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, my dealer was able to make the plate themself and send them to me directly. So I did receive the plates in less than 2 weeks.
    :lol:

7. shrink13

shrink13 New Member

I waited over two months from the time that I mailed my check (2/13) until I received my stickers (4/19). The story that I got from DMV is that they are rejecting "some" applications without license plate numbers on the application. Some applications are clearly getting through, but if you want to play it safe and avoid repeated phones to a phone number that is always busy and that they never return your phone calls, send in your application after you receive you license plates. I was assured that all 75,000 stickers will be issued and that they are up to something like 55,750. Good luck and don't give up.

I waited over two months from the time that I mailed my check (2/13) until I received my stickers (4/19). The story that I got from DMV is that they are rejecting "some" applications without license plate numbers on the application. Some applications are clearly getting through, but if you want to play it safe and avoid repeated phones to a phone number that is always busy and that they never return your phone calls, send in your application after you receive you license plates. I was assured that all 75,000 stickers will be issued and that they are up to something like 55,750. Good luck and don't give up.

8. Skyjim

Skyjim New Member

Good to hear that they are actually showing up - I've been waiting over two months myself.

First post!

Jim

9. highroute

highroute New Member

Updating my timetable so far:

Purchased vehicle: 3/4/06
    Mailed FasTrak hybrid account application: 3/4/06
    Received FasTrak transponder and documentation: 3/16/06
    Mailed DMV sticker application with FasTrak documentation: 3/16/06
    DMV sticker application returned for no plate number: approx 3/31/06
    Obtained plate number by telephoning DMV (916.657.8035): 4/11/06
    Mailed DMV sticker application with FasTrak documentation: 4/11/06
    Received title document (includes plate number 5TLVnnn): 4/13/06
    DMV $8.00 check cleared my bank account: 4/18/06
    Received plates and registration document: 4/21/06

10. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    out of curiosity how do you apply for these stickers without having the registration?? According to the Fastrak site it says when you turn in your old transponder for a hybrid one you need to have the registration papers, are those the ones that they stick to the inside window? (are they removable?)

I really want to atleast get my application in before they hit the 2006 limit.

11. highroute

highroute New Member

Completing my timetable:

Purchased vehicle: 3/4/06
    Mailed FasTrak hybrid account application: 3/4/06
    Received FasTrak transponder and documentation: 3/16/06
    Mailed DMV sticker application with FasTrak documentation: 3/16/06
    DMV sticker application returned for no plate number: approx 3/31/06
    Obtained plate number by telephoning DMV (916.657.8035): 4/11/06
    Mailed DMV sticker application with FasTrak documentation: 4/11/06
    Received title document (includes plate number 5TLVnnn): 4/13/06
    DMV $8.00 check cleared my bank account: 4/18/06
    Received plates and registration document: 4/21/06
    Received stickers (issued 4/18) bearing serial number 571nn: 4/22/06

12. jmccord

jmccord New Member

For best results when applying for your CA HOV sticker, I think it is best to allow a week or two for DMV to process the paperwork and assign a license number. Otherwise it appears the cart gets before the horse and application will be returned. My results were as follows:
    Purchased 3/17/06
    HOV Application, and $8 fee sent to DMV 4/3/06.
    HOV stickers "Date Issued" 4/13/06 (according to certificate that accompanied the stickers).
    License plates received 4/18/06.
    HOV stickers received 4/21/06.
    Sticker #567xx.

13. highroute

highroute New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MikeSF @ Apr 22 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]243713[/snapback]</div>
    Regarding the issue of obtaining a California FasTrak transponder for a hybrid, you have to read FAQ #4 at the bottom of the FasTrak Enrollment Instructions for Hybrid Vehicles page:

4. What if I purchased my hybrid vehicle recently and do not have the DMV vehicle registration yet?
    If you do not yet have your DMV vehicle registration, the FasTrak Customer Service Center will accept either:
    • Your purchase agreement from the auto dealer with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) typed in by the dealer (a handwritten VIN is not acceptable), or
    • The temporary registration that is affixed to the lower right-hand side of the windshield.
    Regarding the subsequent issue of applying for the HOV stickers without all the "necessary" information, read the last three or four pages of this thread. You MUST, of course, submit your original FasTrak account documents with your HOV sticker application if you live in one of the Bay Area counties.

14. rjrose

rjrose Junior Member

3/24 Bought car
    3/27 Sent in application
    3/29 DMV got the paperwork
    4/10 Got the paperwork back, because no license plate. Called DMV, got the plate number and Express Mailed the paperwork back
    4/17 Check cleared
    4/19 Stickers mailed

So, including the turnaround, a bit under 4 weeks. I noticed that they stamped in the date first received on the application. So, I think I got the benefit of the early filing date. If I had it to do all over again, I would ask the dealer how soon they could get a plate number, but I would still send in the application.

15. dpeezie

dpeezie New Member

3/29/2006 - Purchased Prius (Black #8)
    4/3/2006 - Obtained Fastrak Transponder (Lost in San Francisco for over an hour)
    4/4/2006 - Mailed in application for stickers
    4/5/2006 - waiting...
    4/17/2006 - Application and check returned with a note saying that the application was incomplete because "Other: Vehicle License Number is Required".
    4/25/2006 - Check cashed by DMV

:unsure:

16. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

How did you get the transponder so quickly? I thought you have to wait until your licence plate arrives???

17. dpeezie

dpeezie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(busyrosy @ Apr 26 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]245747[/snapback]</div>
    All you need for the transponder is the sales receipt for the car and the VIN. You need the license plate # for DMV. I know this for a fact because my application and check was returned by the DMV for lack of license plate #.

You definately don't need the license plate # for the Fastrack transponder; at least not as of early April. I just drove to the office in SF and walked out with the transponder.

18. mdh

mdh New Member

sorry if this is a repeat question, but i've been told different things by co-workers... what is the max number of permits given for HOV lanes and is their a sunset period when the the whole program might expire... i was told 2009.

sorry if this has already been addressed as i am thinking about picking up my car this evening

19. dpeezie

dpeezie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mdh @ Apr 26 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]245772[/snapback]</div>
    Last I heard was 75,000 permits with a sunset provision of 1/1/2008. Of course, the state/DMV reserves the right to restrict single occupant hybrid access to any carpool lane at any time in order to reduce congestion.

20. ckbarnard

ckbarnard New Member

3-13 purchased Prius;
    3-15 mailed HOV app without plate number;
    3-30 app and check returned by DMV, saying vehicle not in system; I added plate # (plates had arrived on 3-29) and re-mailed app;
    4-18 check cleared;
    4-20 sticker #HE057108 received!