1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

latest # of HOV stickers issued?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by greenbaby!, Oct 12, 2005.

1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Replying to thread in PriusChat Shop Forum, believe it or not...Well, the first bit, anyway--just trying to tie up some loose ends...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jun 6 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]266984[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Jun 3 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]265441[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RMunroe @ Oct 18 2005, 05:04 PM) [snapback]142703[/snapback]</div>
    ARE there problems (i.e., HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY ENCOUNTERED PROBLEMS their own selves--no hearsay, please!) w/ misplaced (as in "in wrong place on car," not "I lost the darn things...") stickers? I suppose any CHPpie who wanted to get snotty could decide to ticket you for anything--but are they bothering to?

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jun 6 2006, 09:41 PM) [snapback]267099[/snapback]</div>
    Considering that I see more complete "cheaters" in the HOV lanes than Prii with HOV stickers, I'm not sure we can have a valid answer here. From what I can tell, enforcement of any kind in the HOV lanes is severly lacking. Certainly could be different elsewhere. So in my little world, you would just as likely be fine with NO stickers as with them in the wrong place. Oop... hearsay... sorry! :)

The only thing I know for certain is that the stickers must be in the prescribed locations to be "legal." Just like having a front license plate and no front window tinting in CA... and driving at or below the speed limit... ya know?

3. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jun 6 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]267108[/snapback]</div>
    'Sokay 'bout the hearsay--I won't tell the judge if you don't!

I guess I will toe the line on the location of the stickers issue (although ain't nothin' gonna get me to keep the transponder anywhere other than the glovebox, where it has lived for the 2? 3? whatever # of years since we got 'em--whenever it was that they decided they would only :eek: charge $4 for the Golden Gate Bridge toll w/ transponder insteada $5 w/o it). Maybe. I am guessing, if you're not speeding or otherwise being too naughty, you could probably play it down to a warning if you got stopped...Do I want to be a guinea pig? No. As I say, I still have no sign of receiving plates (to change for the disabled ones I bloody already have and can't mount on the damn car), and therefore, no stickers yet either. As to enforcement in HOV lanes--haven't seen it either--but I gotta figure it would end up being somewhat counterproductive, given how sludgy traffic already mostly is when lanes are in operation, and the effect of the rubber-neckers on a cop stop. I KNOW they ONLY get ME--fuggeddaboud the loony truckers, doing close to 30 mph above their posted limits on I5 through the central valley--this I know 'cause, when I am doing, oh, I do not know, 78 in the 70 zone :rolleyes: my car doors get blown off by trucks passing me like I'm sitting at a stopsign--when their posted limits are 55. Except of course when they pull out to pass in my lane, right in front of me, initially going faster, but then, on an upgrade, slowing down to 45...

GAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

4. foo

foo Junior Member

Sun, Apr 23 - purchased
    Mon, Apr 24 - obtained fastrak hybrid transponder & mailed app to DMV
    Wed, May 3 - received rejection notice from DMV due to lack of license plates
    Wed, May 3 - received plates from dealer
    Fri, May 5 - resubmitted application with license plate number
    Fri, Jun 2 - received stickers (envelope had a May 30 postmark)

So actual turnaround was about a month (5/5 -> 6/2) once the application was complete (including plate number).

I used a USPS Money Order instead of a check so I don't have a 'check cleared' date.. not sure if that made it go faster or not.

Sticker # 6074x

--foo

5. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foo @ Jun 6 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]267117[/snapback]</div>
    Yowza! :eek:

From what Bay Area dealer did you buy? Should I be haunting my dealer to see about plates? And/or--why is it that some buyers have gotten plates and/or plate #s from their dealers, but not all? I know my dealer (Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa) has a fairly big allotment (sp?), and therefore high sales--so shouldn't that be one of their perks? :unsure:

It took about 2 weeks for DMV to bounce back my original app--I got it back the Saturday before Memorial Day, and resubmitted it with my DP plate # (that I had took off of my old Acura, which we still have, but which now has regular plates, with, in theory, the DP plates not yet reassigned to any car, but still just in my name). It is a sorta kinda minor fiddle--I am hoping the idiot computers (meaning both the machines and the operators :p in Sacramento) will SEE the registration in my name AND the plates in my name and put 2 + 2 together, and come up with something approaching 4!

6. foo

foo Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jun 6 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]267119[/snapback]</div>
    SF Toyota. I paid an optional $29 to have them do the DMV paperwork electronically and obtain the plates for me. It was a standard option on the contract, not something either of us invented, i.e. they do it all the time, and presumably other dealers can do it as well. The alternative was to wait like 6 weeks to get the plates in the mail (or have them held at a local DMV office), which sounded like an unpleasantly long time.

--foo

7. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foo @ Jun 7 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]267304[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmmm...I paid them some fee--more than $29, I am pretty sure, just for the paperwork--on my own for plates...bah humbug! <_<

8. matteo

matteo New Member

5/13 bought car.
    5/13 mailed check to DMV for HOV stickers with no plate number on the application.
    5/24 got plates (mailed from the dealer, not the DMV)
    6/1 check cleared from DMV for HOV stickers.
    6/8 got the stickers 610XX

9. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Woohoo they arrived!!!!

4/16 - Got Car
    (grumbled inbetween)
    5/10 - Called Toyota dealer to find plates (found out they were issued 5/05)
    5/11 - Mailed app
    5/12 - Actually received plates & reg (although says date issued as 5/15/2006 possibily to clarify the "month" ?)
    6/07 - Recieved stickers *jumping for joy*

10. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    5/12 - Purchased Prius.
    5/24 - Recieved license plates and registration in the mail from dealership.
    5/24 - Applied for and recieved FasTrak transponder (in person.)
    5/25 - Mailed HOV sticker application.
    6/10 - Recieved HOV stickers (#62518) in the mail.

11. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

I just came back from my vacation, and found the stickers in the mail. I mailed in the application on May 12th with a personal check. The certificate was printed by the DMV on 5/27, and the envelope is postmarked 5/30.

My sticker #: 609xx

12. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ May 26 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]261254[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jun 6 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]267119[/snapback]</div>
    UPDATE: 6/12-Check cleared bank...Amazing: either DMV drone got good math scores or they didn't check that the plate is registered to me and not yet the car--or, of course, there is a rule that applies to that... :rolleyes: Now we wait and see which end of the spectrum (from "in the wink of an eye" [​IMG] to "wake me when the seasons change"[​IMG]) reported by other folks from past queues!

6/15/06: FINAL UPDATE: Stickers arrive, #629xx, issued by DMV 6/10 and postage metered 6/12[​IMG]

Debt to son now incurred: promise of $10 to get him to wash car so I can affix stickers...[​IMG]

13. klf214

klf214 New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm a new 2006 Prius owner in CA as of Friday 6/16/06. I'd like apply for the HOV lane stickers since I live in Irvine and commute to downtown LA. I understand that the 75,000 limit is rapidly approaching, but that I need my license plate # before I can send in my application? Any suggestions on what I should do? Can my dealer help at all? When do you think the limit will be reached?

Thanks for your help! :)

14. j24816

j24816 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(klf214 @ Jun 18 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]273061[/snapback]</div>
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=18613

Readers digest version:
    Get your dealer to send DMV info electronically, quickly, Have dealer check for plate numbers for you. Good Luck!

15. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    *deleted*

16. finally_got_one

finally_got_one New Member

Finally got my stickers 6/22! Got car in March, license plates in early June. Now, I need to wash my Prius, too... :lol:

17. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finally_got_one @ Jun 23 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]275854[/snapback]</div>
    According to Mr. Roadshow (Gary Richards) in today's Murky News, about 67000 stickers have been issued, and the applications are coming in at the rate of 200 a day. At that rate, they'll run out in August. I sent my application in 2 weeks ago, so hope I'll get them soon!

18. SCDrJ

SCDrJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kimgh @ Jun 23 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]275859[/snapback]</div>
    Just to clarify, there were 67,000 "applications received"... I read in another article from a couple weeks back that it was 60k+ apps receieved and like 56,000 stickers out. Based on the recent posts here, people are getting stickers numbering just about 63,000 right now... But who knows whether or not sticker #75,000 is the last one, you know? They probably won't count replacement stickers towards the 75k, and HOPEFULLY they won't count municipal vehicles towards it. For example, the Orange County Transit Authority owns a fleet of white Prii, hopefully they aren't allowed to pull 50-100 stickers out of the "civilian" pool, but we shall see!

19. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mar 30 : purchased car; dealer did transfer paperwork for my custom plate
    Jun 04 : Sent form and personal check to California DMV
    Jun 23 : Received stickers, number 64212

I had originally not intended to order the stickers, but a friend considers them a plus for resale value. Not that I plan to sell the car for many years, but she had a point. So I got 'em.

20. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

sounds like the stickers are going out faster now.. didn't it used to be 1000 stickers a week? Now it's closer to.. 1500 a week?