1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

latest # of HOV stickers issued?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by greenbaby!, Oct 12, 2005.

1. crystalmarlene

crystalmarlene New Member

Yes I got mine last week. I sent it in Nov. 06 and received a letter in Dec. stating that I have been approved but stickers cannot be issued till after 1/1/07 (when 10,000) will be released. I got mine last week.

2. Jimm

Jimm New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Homer_Simpson @ Feb 5 2007, 08:48 AM) [snapback]385560[/snapback]</div>
    Don't give up yet William! I still think your stickers are in transit to you. It probably takes a couple of days longer to get to SoCal than NorCal. I'm pulling for you.

3. Red 2007

Red 2007 New Member

Has anyone gotten a rejection letter yet?
    We sent our forms in on 1/19.
    It was received by DMV on 1/24 at 4am.
    The check has not cleared and we have not heard anything!
    I think that it got lost at the DMV.
    How big of a bummer is that?

4. willha418

willha418 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jimm @ Feb 5 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]385813[/snapback]</div>

Thanks Jimm, I'm still praying!! :)

5. sfhikr

sfhikr New Member

my dates
    sent in my application 1/23 via next day
    arrived 1/24
    check cleared 2/5 but showed up today 2/6 for first time online as being processed.
    Now I am hoping to see stickers in the next week or so... fingers crossed.

DMV told me yesterday (before I knew check cleared) that they are still working through the final distribution of stickers and there was still hope; the fact that my check cleared backs that up... don't give up hope if you submitted your application around the 23rd or 24th.

6. gdogg23

gdogg23 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sfhikr @ Feb 6 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]386373[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats!

What number did you call to check on your application?

7. sfhikr

sfhikr New Member

I called the general 916.657.8947 number - I often call a couple times as their answers will vary depending on who you talk with... it is often good to ask for a manager. I was not able to check on my application specifically, just checked to see if they were still processing applications.

8. dylandog

dylandog New Member

Try 916.657.6560 after 0900 - someone picked up each time and it was almost never busy (I called a number of times with questions and to check on my app). Hope this helps ;)

9. dougaber

dougaber New Member

I mailed my form and check in on 1/27.
    Check was processed by my bank on 2/5.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

10. Javandel

Javandel Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DougBear @ Feb 6 2007, 10:04 PM) [snapback]386593[/snapback]</div>
    I sent my form and check on 1/25 via Express Mail. Per USPS tracking, it was picked up at 6:30 a.m. on 1/26. Check was processed by my bank on 2/5 and I am waiting hopefully for stickers.

Another hybrid car site says they called the DMV and were told that some checks that were deposited by DMV will be receiving refunds. Anyone know if this is true? (I think sometimes people make stuff up just to cause a ruckus.) I have not heard this anywhere else and when I called last week before my check cleared, the DMV operator asked if my check had cleared and told me that whether or not a person's check cleared was the best way to know if stickers were coming. OTOH he also told me that there was no way to know how many stickers were left and I have seen many, many posts with numbers of stickers left so I don't know if he's right or wrong about the check cashing issue either.

Anybody know whether some cashed checks will be receiving refunds?

11. gdogg23

gdogg23 New Member

I mailed my form and check on 12/18 without the plate number. It was returned a few days later.

I then re-mailed the original form with the plate number and with the check still stapled to the application on 1/26.

The check cleared on 2/6.

I just got off the phone with the DMV and the lady said that "it looks very good for you if your check was cashed, but that the DMV will not allow us to say that anyone is for sure getting the stickers, but I can say that it looks very good for you." She then added that they were processing the last 100 stickers.

12. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member

There is no way to know but by calling the DMW with your licence plate # and the date your check cleared.

They will call you back and let you know if you'll be getting stickers or not.

They said I should be getting mine by the 23rd of this month.

13. willha418

willha418 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bugmenot @ Feb 7 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]386671[/snapback]</div>

when did your check clear and which number did you call to see if you will be receiving stickers? I called them

and they said there was no way on checking if you will be receiving one!

ahhh!! :(

14. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member

Ask for "Liz."

15. willha418

willha418 New Member

Thanks Bug,

Liz was a big help! She said my application was processed and I should receive stickers this week or the followingi week!

woohoo! :)

Congrats on yours as well :D

16. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Homer_Simpson @ Feb 7 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]386713[/snapback]</div>
    That means that the Los Angeles Times will have to run a correction of the article in which featured you.

;)

17. willha418

willha418 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Feb 7 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]386754[/snapback]</div>

not exactly, because in our house hold we have two prius's. Mine and my fathers.. I sent in the app for my fathers Prius on the 16th, and I sent in my app for my Prius on the 28th. If one gets through.. I'll put the stickers on my car :) If the other one doesnt get through.. then the story still applies :p

18. scoot

scoot Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Homer_Simpson @ Feb 7 2007, 10:14 PM) [snapback]386843[/snapback]</div>
    well, not exactly... The stickers are paired to a license plate and a VIN and you can't just (legally) put them on a different Prius. You also get a piece of paper from DMV that you are supposed to keep in your car and give to the highway patrol when asked for it that shows the sticker number and corresponding license plate number. So sure, you could put your dad's stickers on your car, but you would have no legal basis for doing it.

19. willha418

willha418 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scoot @ Feb 8 2007, 08:03 AM) [snapback]386951[/snapback]</div>
    I guess i'll be trading my father cars :p Gonna rack up more mileage on his 07 :D

20. Javandel

Javandel Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Homer_Simpson @ Feb 8 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]387047[/snapback]</div>
    Sometimes the DMV lets you take the plate from one car and put it on another car. My father-in-law did it (legally) with his plate when he replaced a Toyota Corolla with a new Toyota Corolla. I don't remember if he has a vanity plate and I don't know DMV's rules for swapping plates. Maybe you could call the ever-helpful "Liz" and she could give you more info.