1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

latest # of HOV stickers issued?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by greenbaby!, Oct 12, 2005.

1. jpwong

jpwong New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foo @ Feb 15 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]390874[/snapback]</div>
    I think the DMV should have handled the situation a lot better. For those of us who bought a vehicle a week or two before the Feb. 2 DMV announcement we were suddenly put in limbo, and most likely missed out on a sticker. The DMV should have made a public announcement about the impending 85000 limit being reached and set a tangible deadline. Many people made a large financial decision based on the belief that they would be able to take advantage of the program. Information about the # still available was not always reliable and varied by the source.

I have written to Assemblymembers Lieber and Lieu, co-sponsors of AB2600, about this--([email protected] and [email protected]). I don't know if it will help, but if you are as frustrated as I am, you should write them as well.

2. jsxlee

jsxlee New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foo @ Feb 15 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]390874[/snapback]</div>
    As tarzprius said, actually the DMV announcement were made on Feb 2, and I did check the web site on the same day and it was updated and said no more stickers available. There is also a mercury news article talks about it:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/16608316.htm

So I guess the last application must have been processed on the week of 1/29. Yes I agree they should have set a date limit such that people would know whether they will or will not benefit from this program, similar to the Tax credit program.

3. jpwong

jpwong New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jsxlee @ Feb 15 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]390982[/snapback]</div>

The website was not updated until late February 7, so there are probably some people that based their actions upon what was on the website at that point in time.

4. opus17

opus17 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I bought my hybrid on January 13th. The dealer marked the registration "expedite due to hybrid."

I still haven't received my license plates or license plate number, so I wasn't able to convert my Fastrak to a hybrid... so I never even started the process of getting the stickers.

I guess there is no hurry now!

5. dionmonge

dionmonge New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tarzprius @ Feb 15 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]390929[/snapback]</div>
    I will try writing them as well since I purchased my Prius ON 2/2/07 and got home only to see an hour later on the news that the stickers were gone. Just got my plates yesterday so I have sent in my application anyways just to see what happens.

6. SunnyvalePrius

SunnyvalePrius New Member

My stickers arrived!

I'm not sure the exact date they arrived since I was out of town on a couple of ski trips (one was out of driving range in Colorado, but the other was in Lake Tahoe, and I'm happy to say that the Prius performed great, even with four adults and a bunch of luggage and gear). My sticker number is HE0919XX.

My final timeline:

1/11/2007: Bought
    1/12/2007: Drove up to SF and got the FasTrak transponder
    1/18/2007: Got the plates from the dealer just after noon, overnight mailed application to DMV
    1/19/2007: USPS delivered application
    1/23/2007: Received DMV rejection, claiming my plate wasn't on file
    1/24/2007: Overnight mailed the exact same application, unchanged back to DMV
    1/25/2007: USPS delivered application again
    1/30/2007: Check showed up in my bank's records as cashed
    2/13/2007: Stickers had arrived

My congratulations to those who got them and sympathies to those who missed them.

7. huangrenfu

huangrenfu New Member

I was thinking about buying a used Prius with a HOV sticker vs. buying a new one. I took a gamble buying a new one, thinking that there might still be a chance. My gamble paid off.

My time line:

1/28/2007: Bought at Capital Toyota (Thanks Slava!)
    1/29/2007: Drove up to SF and got the FasTrak transponder; Capital Toyota came through and got me a license plate! Mailed overnight to Sacramento.
    2/10/2007: DMV cached the check.
    2/13/2007: Bank record showed up.
    2/16/2007: Stickers arrived.

Amazing... 927xx.

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My DH is trying to convince me to sell my '06 Pkg 3 with stickers--he figures that all might could be worth a bit now.

I'm NOT selling my Pri to pay for his '02 Beemer bought 2 months before the Pri!!!! (Which cost more THEN but we would get less for NOW, less than one year later!)

Yup--smugness here alright! B)

9. Mau28

Mau28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Stickers arrived today!!! :)

App sent via Priority Mail 1/27

Check cashed 2/06

DMV envelope postmarked 2/15

Received today in Nor Cal #HE0909XXX.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!

10. gdogg23

gdogg23 New Member

I got my stickers yesterday.

Timeline:

12/16: Purchased Prius.
    12/18: Mailed application.
    12/23: Application returned for being incomplete.
    1/26: Mailed completed application.
    2/5: DMV cashed check.
    2/16: Received stickers: #908XXX.

Good luck everyone!

11. snick

snick Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    so, why are some posters hiding sticker number with xxx? can't we just read them off their cars?

12. zaxinc

zaxinc New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Snick @ Feb 18 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]392419[/snapback]</div>
    People are a bit wary of giving too much info over an internet talkboard. You wouldn't give your license plate # to a bunch of strangers, so same could apply to the HOV sticker. However, I can't figure out what someone would do with it or how they could track you. Just caution I suppose.

13. SunnyvalePrius

SunnyvalePrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zaxinc @ Feb 18 2007, 08:36 PM) [snapback]392678[/snapback]</div>
    I did it because of peer pressure -- everyone else was hiding the final digits of their sticker numbers, so I did so with mine. I couldn't think of a reason for hiding the numbers, but I didn't want to look foolish if there was something I hadn't thought of. Isn't that the definition of peer pressure?

14. gdogg23

gdogg23 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sunnyvale Prius @ Feb 20 2007, 10:12 PM) [snapback]393781[/snapback]</div>
    That's funny.

I did the same thing... <_<

15. stealth

stealth New Member

Anyone know if they are issuing replacements? Just got my rear bumper replaced and need a new set...

Here's an option :blink:

Stickers

16. scoot

scoot Member

To those of you who just bought cars and are upset about not getting stickers. I'm sorry. I've been reading the forum for a while and everyone who has has known that this was a gamble. Writing to your politicians seems a bit rediculous though. Opportunities come and go, and I'm sure that the dealer didn't "guarantee" that you would get stickers. This was something that was fairly well documented (at least in the forums) and a well known risk. Let's hope for more stickers in the future, more carpool lanes in the future, and an extention past 2011...

17. SoopahMan

SoopahMan Member

As someone with stickers I'm going to say writing your politicians is NOT ridiculous. It's what they're there for! Propose the free parking possibility and get a group together and write them. That's how representative democracy is supposed to work, so get writing!

18. jpwong

jpwong New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scoot @ Feb 22 2007, 09:10 AM) [snapback]394576[/snapback]</div>

1.) Accurate, updated, and reliable information was not obtainable prior to the official DMV announcement terminating the program on February 2. Many, if not most new Prius buyers didn't even know about this great website until after they became owners. Besides, this website is not a spokesman for the DMV. I stand by my statement that the DMV should have done a better job towards the end. The state should not be forcing people to "gamble."

2.) [b]"Writing to your politicians seems a bit rediculous.... Let's hope for more stickers in the future, more carpool lanes in the future, and an extention past 2011..."[/b]

Are we to just "hope" that the lawmakers will read our minds on these (or any other) issues? I would hope that our lawmakers do not consider their constituents' active engagement and concerns as ridiculous...

19. halpo25

halpo25 New Member

I also support tarzprius.

It boggles the mind to think that DMV was able to accurately count the number of stickers they have issued - think about the number of postings on this thread and others where people have come clean that they received multiple sets of stickers and for the posters who got stickers without plates having been issued. And, don't forget the schmuck who is trying to sell them on eBay.

I talked to the DMV folks yesterday who have been incredibly nice and professional on the phone - the sticker distribution is a manual process (and we all know that manual processes never really work as they are intended); they stopped issuing stickers on applications that were received on 1/30 (they got through about half of the applications they received that day and it's the ultimate irony for me since they received my application on 1/30 - just not my lucky day I guess); and the investigations unit is going after the eBay idiot (never ever post a serial number on the web...)

In any case, I have come to terms with not getting a sticker - it would have been fun and hope that everyone who got theirs enjoys them.

Finally, I have written lots of letters on this topic to politicians and to the DMV. I encourage others to do so as well. After all, that's what they are there for - to serve us, the people of California. That's why we vote, right?

20. SoopahMan

SoopahMan Member

Certainly is - and if you can get organized and propose one specific solution with a lot of voices you're that much more likely to get something done.

That said, I don't think the DMV is the place to go for this. This sits in the state legislature's hands now. The DMV is probably going to at best reply saying their hands are tied by the legislature.