1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

latest # of HOV stickers issued?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by greenbaby!, Oct 12, 2005.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(halpo25 @ Feb 22 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]394979[/snapback]</div>
    The number, HE056010, is still visible in one of the photos which he posted.

2. SoopahMan

SoopahMan Member

I noticed that too, too funny. How do we know the DMV is actually going after that guy/gal?

3. dionmonge

dionmonge New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scoot @ Feb 22 2007, 12:10 PM) [snapback]394576[/snapback]</div>
    Whatever...

Maybe you should go back to worrying about your gas tank being 11.9 gallons.

4. jsxlee

jsxlee New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huangrenfu @ Feb 16 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]391828[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(halpo25 @ Feb 22 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]394979[/snapback]</div>
    If the dates are correct, huangrenfu, your case is super amazing...

5. jafo399

jafo399 New Member

This might be one of the last entries to this thread, but I wanted to share my story. I did a trade-in on a 2005 Prius with sticker, so I could have the NEW 2007 touring edition. When I made the decision in October 2006, I thought I would have my Prius delivered by early Jan with a 100% chance to obtain a HOV sticker. Those percentages started to decline at a rapid pace, when I read this message board on a daily basis.

I finally received my car on Jan 24, and it took another week, before my application was sent by my company. (Jan 30 was the exact date) I had just given up any chance to obtain a sticker, until last Friday. I received a wonderful email along with 10 other people that we all received a HOV sticker.

I want to thank everyone who posted on the amount of stickers the DMV had remaining. It lowered my expectation of ever receiving a sticker, and it felt like Christmas when I opened my gift.

6. halpo25

halpo25 New Member

Jafo,

Thanks for your entry. Just a minor follow up question - did you send the application on 1/30 or did DMV receive it on 1/30? A big question for me since my application was delivered on 1/30 and have not yet heard anything from DMV. Thanks.

Another general question to any readers - has anyone gotten their rejected application back? I'm just wondering if we should expect to get something or did everything go into the trash? Thanks in advance.

7. ljflores

ljflores New Member

sent my app 1/30, dmv received 1/31. Got my rejection letter and check back today.

8. Mister Swigart

Mister Swigart New Member

I would like to question if the Prius would not be served by a Cruise Control that was not so aggressive in coming back up to speed upon hitting "Resume?" It's something many have commented upon here at the forum.
    Thanks, and have a nice meeting. Oh, tell him I think Prius is a great American car. :lol:

The Lone Ranger
    Rides Again!

9. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Lone Ranger @ Mar 10 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]403574[/snapback]</div>
    What does this have to do with the subject of this topic, "latest # of HOV stickers issued?, # of HOV Stickers issued?"?

10. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw this ad on craigslist yesterday:

HOV/Carpool Lane Stickers!!! You want them and I don't need them - $1500
    Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2007-03-08, 7:46PM PST

I have registered California HOV/Carpool lane stickers that I never put on my Prius and now no longer need. If interested, serious buyers only, the price if FIRM, call me at 310.902.0364

* This item has been posted by-owner.
    * it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 290868855

11. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Mar 10 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]403577[/snapback]</div>
    Nothing. Be nice to n00bs.

12. Javandel

Javandel Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uclabruins @ Mar 11 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]403804[/snapback]</div>
    Well, it's still an illegal sale of a government license but at least they were smart enough not to post images of the license numbers on the stickers. (Same seller as the ebay guy? Betcha a nickel...)

13. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just curious: I was in that last batch of 10,000 HOV stickers in CA. I finally got around to putting them on my car (I have a reverse commute and don't really need them) and the instructions that came with mine only called for applying three stickers, not four (front bumper is no longer required). I did receive four stickers though.

Does anyone know when the requirement for a sticker on the front bumper was dropped?

14. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusenvy @ Mar 16 2007, 03:31 AM) [snapback]406672[/snapback]</div>
    DMV probably sent you the wrong instruction sheet. DMV issues 3 "white" HOV stickers or 4 "yellow" HOV stickers, depending on your vehicle. See http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm

15. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bugmenot @ Mar 16 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]407027[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't know that, but it's a perfectly reasonable explanation. I'll be putting on that fourth sticker. Thanks.

16. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusenvy @ Mar 17 2007, 05:57 AM) [snapback]407347[/snapback]</div>
    You can also find the hybrid HOV sticker instructions online at http://www.paulburnett.com/sticker.pdf

Someone in another group theorized that the front bumper sticker was added to hybrids so S.F. Bay Area toll collectors could tell which oncoming vehicles in the carpool lane needed to pay the $4.00 toll.

17. halpo25

halpo25 New Member

Well, I finally got my rejection letter(s) from DMV last night. My completed application got to DMV in the last batch that they approved, but I did not make the cut evidently.

I want to encourage everyone who did not get stickers to write, email, and call their Assemblyperson and State Senator. I sent letters and emails to the governor, Sen Leland Yee, Assemblypersons Fiona Ma and Mark Leno. Got form email response from the governor's office, a form letter from Fiona, a handwritten note from Yee, and a call (and follow up with the DMV) from Leno's office. Generally a great response I think. I have done my part to influence legislation to get more stickers - and I hope you'll do yours. If the politicians know their constituents want something they are more likely to act. Next step on my part is to get Toyota management to use their clout and lobbying dollars to get more stickers out there.

Thanks to everyone who provided info on this board - a very supportive community and clear evidence that people working together can make things happen.

18. blzlovr

blzlovr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. I bought my new Prius two weeks ago and the finance manager told me that Governor Schwarzenegger had just approved more stickers and I wouldn't have any problem getting one. So as I am patiently waiting for my plates to come in so I can apply for one, I read an article today that the stickers were no longer available as of Jan. The DMV website says no more stickers and I even called the Governor's office and they say no more. How can the dealer tell buyers this and get away with it? I called the dealer today and they said not to worry that I would get one.

Sherril

19. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blzlovr @ Mar 27 2007, 06:06 PM) [snapback]413204[/snapback]</div>
    Do dealers ever know what they're talking about? Man, I hate them.

20. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    sure they know what they are talking about, they know how to sell cars. they knew that would definitely help in selling the car