1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Latest Prius Pricing

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by The Critic, Jun 14, 2011.

1. w1n78

w1n78 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Longo Toyota is selling the package 4 with navi for $30,899. best price i've found. they also said being the largest toyota dealer in the US, they are selling their prius at msrp... if they have it. from the sounds of it, many have put down $500 deposits there and most if not all incoming inventory has a name on it already.

claremont toyota was the worst out of the 5 dealers i've checked out so far. they added chrome 14s and added $4000. so the silver package 4 with navi, solar sunroof was priced at $38,000 LMAO! i was there last night.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sounds like they use the same playbook as Capistrano Toyota (http://priuschat.com/forums/newbie-...w-low-profile-tires-urgent-5.html#post1292748 or look through the earlier posts from wewantaprius in that thread for the gory details), if the story there is to be believed.

I wonder if they're owned by the same people/group since their web pages look similar.
    Claremont Toyota | Claremont Toyota Dealer | Toyota Dealer Claremont | Claremont Toyota | Serving the Inland Empire
    Capistrano Toyota | Orange County | San Juan Capistrano Toyota Dealer | Toyota Dealer San Juan Capistrano | Capistrano Toyota

I stumbled across Claremont Insider: February 2010 which mentions "We couldn't help but noticing how his Claremont Toyota ads now say "Claremont/Capistrano."

3. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    North Hollywood Toyota wanted $29,000 for a Prius II with nothing extra. I got so tired of it- I went shopping for a different car. It's looking more and more like I won't be buying a Prius. I understand if they can get it- they should sell it for as much as they want. But I know 3 people already who were all set to buy a Prius- and now got a different car. We all know prices will come down- as this has happened with Prius before- but as always - the question is when- and really is it worth $6,000-$8,000 more for a bare bones prius that gets 50 as opposed to a loaded Focus or Elantra - that gets 35-40. It would take about 10 years to make up that difference. Hard to turn away from that. I love the way the Prius drives- but pretty soon, It may be time to look at other options.

4. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Someone mentioned that Longo Toyota sells at MSRP. If you don't mind a road trip up to Sacramento, there are two dealers in my area who are selling at a few hundred bucks off MSRP.

MB860 ?

5. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If you're in SoCal, you can call me. I'm at MSRP.

6. oldasdust

oldasdust Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2011 III out the door 04-23-11 $27,137.00 in northern Illinois.

7. w1n78

w1n78 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    bought a winter grey package 3 with navi for $27,400 before tax and other blah blahs - from crown toyota, ontario, california. got it a few $ off total price because the sales tax dropped 1% :D. this was on july 1, 2011.

8. blizzardfive

blizzardfive Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just purchased a Prius five w/navigation at Hooman Toyota @ MSRP. I should have negotiated a few hundred below.

9. CandyCanePrincess

CandyCanePrincess New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It sounds like socal prices are the highest. I wonder if it is simple supply/demand driving up socal rates? If thing continue as they are, I'm with the previous poster who said will be looking at other cars with good mpg at a much lower price tag. I will give it a few months probably and than shop around

10. w1n78

w1n78 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    we were on our way to get a crv and possibly a crz but one of the dealers called and said a package 3 was on a truck on its way to the dealer. so we stopped by and gave it another look. bought it and loved the car. the savings on gas alone is insane with our situation. my commute is mostly freeway/highway and i get between 58-63 MPG with the A/C and driving at 65-75 MPH. i can pretty much go through monday-friday on a full tank of gas driving 106-115 miles per day. some people are lucky to get a few hundred off msrp, we weren't but i know within 2-3 months of owning this thing... i'd get that money back just on gas savings alone. just my 2 cents and experience, the prius :rockon:

11. gugy

gugy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    is there any hope to snatch a new white Package II in SoCal for $500 to $1k under MSRP in the next couple of weeks? :confused:

12. duffasaurus

duffasaurus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Check out Mossy Toyota in San Diego. They have II's, but not in White. However, they are discounting $1500 and 1.9% financing! Worth a try!!

Also try TOYOTA of SAN BERNARDINO, they have a II in White! Good Luck!

13. gugy

gugy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the tip. I heard the discount on Mossy is only for package IV and V. Also the financing of 1.9% doesn't apply for the Prius.
    I will check T SB!

14. Robsquatch

Robsquatch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When have end of the model year specials historically started showing up? What kind of specials may present themselves in the next two months? Thanks in advance.

15. Gridsmart

Gridsmart New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought a II with floormats and bluetooth on Friday in PA for $800 under MSRP. I was willing to pay a little more at the first dealer I went to, because the salesman spent the time with me, but ultimately they wouldn't budge a penny from MSRP. The 2nd dealer I called wasn't much further from my house, had the color/options I wanted, and made the process very easy.

16. Robsquatch

Robsquatch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is it realistic to get a 2011 II for 1000 under msrp

17. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's getting closer. We are now at $23,995 (including $750 destination) here in SoCal. At least that's the best deal I have been offered.

The trend is looking good though.

18. gugy

gugy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got in SoCal a dealer offering me a package II for $24,371.00 and the MSRP is $25,068.00, so almost $700 discount. Is this a good deal? Do you guys think I can get better than that?

19. cap160

cap160 Older Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That would be really tough in the Michigan area. Couple of Dealers $2-300 over. Most at MSRP. Yes, there is stock to be purchased, mostly Two's and Three's, a couple of Fours:D

20. Gridsmart

Gridsmart New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Only way to find out is to try. I offered $500 off knowing the first dealer I went to wouldn't budge form MSRP. Then I began thinking about an aftermarket bluetooth/dvd player/touchscreen and got a call back minutes later saying they'd throw in the factory bluetooth. I'm not convinced the $800 off I got was their bottom line, but I'm happy with my deal. I'd bet if you offer $1,000 under MSRP they'll counter.