1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Latest spy shows of 2010 Prius, with Interior!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by spwolf, Aug 22, 2008.

1. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As with some of the other people, I'm not impressed.

I sure hope that isn't the interior that's going to be on the real, production 2010 Prius...

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ever wonder how many different interior configurations are real-world tested before the final decision is actually made? There's no way of knowing exactly what pieced, if any make the cut.

Patience.

It was a thrill to see ORIGINAL model. That made the wait for my CLASSIC an exciting one. While driving that for 3 years, the patient wait for my HSD progressed. Anticipation was relaxing, rather than overwhelming. That approach was totally worth it! The same for this next model will be too. I've been waiting almost 5 years already. 1 more is no big deal.

Chill.

Enjoy the history you're watching unfold now. You'll later regret trying to rush it, especially after discovering just how much of a challenge the competition has to catch up. These times are the stories you'll tell your grandchildren many, many years from now... about how the auto industry was transformed.

3. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I couldn't hate the interior more. Large consoles like that used to hide drive shaft humps and when that was no longer necessary it really opened vehicles. The first thing people tell me when they get in my Prius is how much larger it is on the inside than it looks. I believe this new design will have the opposite affect and make it feel like a smaller car.

4. ranchogirl

ranchogirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Not 100% impressed. I also can see that the major remodel will be on the interior. The exterior doesn't look all that different. Longer bumper skirts (or whatever they are called), and nicer wheels. I like the wheels.

I don't like how it looks like the controls will impede on leg room. I like the openness of what I have now.

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm skeptical of that large center console. Reminds me of the large one in the Matrix which Really cuts into front passenger leg mobility ... more confining.

Also, I really like the long center armrest of the current generation Prius ... very nice for resting forearm. Looks like that may be done away with.

I suppose the 1.8L motor would be a good thing. I'm pretty darn sure when I rented the 2008 Prius and went over the mountains to Santa Cruz, I wished the car had more natural power, but I'm not sure it is kinda wheezy since I only made one pass over the mountain.

I know the Prius can giddy up when given a good dose of gas pedal.

I would pass on the 2010 model. I'm not one to buy into the first year or half of second year ironing out of bugs.

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wow, I must say that the interior shown in that photo is just horrible in my opinion. I totally agree about the loss of the "open-ness" that you feel in the current Prius. It looks like they even took out the touchscreen MFD and replaced with that crappy MFD that's in the Avalon and other Toyotas. The only thing I possibly like is the Scion-esque LED lighting under the center console monstrousity.

I will be shocked and dismayed if they get rid of the touch screen MFD in the 2010 model.

I did notice that these are different headlights from the ones we seen in previous pics.

PS - moved to the News forum.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I too am not so impressed by the interior esp. by the center console. Yeah, it would be a real shame if they only included the touchscreen MFD w/nav unit equipped cars. It is interesting there appears to be a large storage hole under the shifter and HVAC panel.

The outside looks basically like a current gen but it looks like they've got larger wheels and lower profile tires.

8. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

it will be touch screen, just like 99% of Toyotas... :).

As to the rest, did people notice how thin console is under hvac and joystick? (it is all eletronic so it can be think) and how much space under that is avail for storage. Space that was unusable before whatsoever, there wasnt even an console there!

9. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

this is 99% what you will see in real prius when it comes to interior design, they will change materials for production model and you dont even see what materials they use because pic is bad - for instance, looks like door sides are either covered in leather or fabric, unlike before - but you cant see well due to bad pic... if you look closely, there are some wrinkles on the doors that make it look like leather.

10. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    with the current model i can easily go from driver to passenger seat.,.

i dont like the new dashboard.

11. Cacti

Cacti Poleikleng

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Rear disc brakes?

12. ronvalencia

ronvalencia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Non-USA(not sure about Canada) models already has rear disc brakes...

13. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got the shelf from PC Shop and now that space is usable but still open when my wife doesn't have all her stuff piled on it :)

14. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I put a center hump litter basket and plastic pocket (holds cell phone and other things) down there. Very handy.

15. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

Look at the sharp edge by the shifter. That IS a permanant bruise on the right side of my knee. Just plain sickening!! Hopefully this is a the touring model, and the standard Prius will not have this garbage center council!!!

16. ManualOnly

ManualOnly New Member

This "concept" drawing was published by a Japaneses website dedicated to gen-3 Prius on 9 Aug 2008 <Note right-hand drive>

Seems like their snoop infor is pretty much on the spot...and yeah, even the Japanese finds the design controversial.

[​IMG]

17. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Noooooooooo! Not the same 1985 speedometer design! Lord, please, no!

18. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, rather Auris -like, guess we'll just have to wait and see. If it's anything like this, it'll be ok?!?

[​IMG]

19. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So like the IS then?

It'll be a touchscreen. Only the Avalon is non-touch.

Yeah it definitely looks like an evolution of the Auris' interior. It also has a bit of the Venza design to it. (The Venza will arrive this fall in the US and Canadian market).

20. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

difference is that with Auris, there is still mechanical gearshit linkage, so space under the gearshift is a lot smaller (still usable)... since Prius uses all electronic gearshifter, they made huge space avail. under that can fit A4 folders obviously - and as an business man, i love that!