1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Latest spy shows of 2010 Prius, with Interior!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by spwolf, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    These spy photos ... they always look like Bigfoot.

2. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Agreed. But you could go have a seat in the new gen Corolla interior, they look very similar (at least the ones here).

3. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Flareak,

Because most of us have had cars like this. And we did not like them.

PriusUK,

Well, I am 5' 10", and with the Prius seat, that spedo LED is like 10 to 12 inches below my eyes. Hardly in front of them. I imagine its a problem for some shorter women. The problem in the Prius is not that dash is so high, its that the seat is. Ever try to get a 6'2" torso dominant guy into the Prius. Did this with one of my neighbors. Just does not work. His line of sight was above the roof line! No problem in a VW Golf GTI, however. That issue is really that the seat height is not adjustable, and needs to be.

The reason you object to the dash mounted shifter, is because its never been there before. Not that its not very usable and works well in the driving enviorment. I wont go into how I use it, but my hand is back and forth to that shifter 10 or 20 times on my drive home. And my hand is never more than a hand's width from the wheel. When the saleman gave me a test drive, it was like being a pilot in a jet the first time, we were in reverse and forward so quick. His hand just flicked that lever and away we went. My jaw just dropped. That is what is new and good about the present Prius. And getting rid of that is old and bad in the next generation pictures we have seen. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to make a quick shift into reverse to avoid a truck that turned the corner too sharp (industrial park at work), and then just as quickly back into drive. Since I have always driven two-handed (left over from crabing down mud flowing roads on amateur road rallye in central Illinois), my hand is right there next to the shifter. Its great.

This is not new design. Its like putting a 1960's sports car interior in a 21 st century techno marvel. Does not make sense at all!! This is like having a knob in the middle of a glass cockpit display on an Airbus!

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Why do you use the shifter so much?

I put it in drive and don't touch the knob again unless I back up and then have to go forward again, or I put it in park and then move forward again. There's just no need to keep playing with it.

As for the new interior, yeah, I think it sucks. If they want to go back to the future, are they going to take our power button away too because it's new and in an unexpected place and people aren't used to it?