1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Laughing as he drives past gas stations

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jkash, Jul 21, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hybrid cars hit roads in Paynesville

Laughing as he drives past gas stations is Willie Scheel's favorite thing about his new hybrid car. Since it averages between 50 and 60 miles per gallon, Scheel stops for gas much less frequently now.

Scheel, a longtime Paynesville resident, and Dwaine Lindberg, a longtime summer resident on Lake Koronis, both purchased a hybrid car recently. Coincidently, both own a 2004 Toyota Prius, which was named Motor Trend's 2004 Car of the Year.

While they bought them for different reasons, they both agree that hybrid cars are the future.

Scheel believes that because technology is always getting more and more advanced, the hybrid cars will be the future.

The biggest reason that Lindberg bought his hybrid car was because it's more environmentally friendly. Hybrid cars are less dependent on crude oil, explained Lindberg, who also can be seen biking in his recumbent bicycle around town.

Read entire article by clicking this link.

Jeff

2. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "Laughing as he drives past gas stations"
    This is so funny, every time I see cars lined up at the pumps I laugh my head off also.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i lent my Prius to my sister when she had classes for work in Bellevue. (about 60 miles) the classes were for 3 days and she did it all on just over ½ tank of gas. which i refilled for $10.45. at the same time, i drove her car for my 11 mile commute the same 3 days and it cost $12.15 to refill it.

obtw, her car was a Ford Taurus mini station wagon. she works at All Star Ford in Olympia.

you should have seen the salesmen and mechanics swarm my car the first time i took it over there. they just went ga-ga over my Prius.

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I guess your sister's next vehicle might be an Escape Hybrid

5. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I get a laugh whenever the gas price changes by a few cents and there are these HUGE lineups of people gassing up their guzzlers :)

I just drive past and laugh, or pull in, wash my windows, check the oil and tire pressure, and drive off :)

Dave

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :p

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually this reminds me of a hilarious conversation i was having at work.

we were talking about the price of gas and how it was going down a penny or so about twice a week and i mentioned that the last time i got gas, it was $1.929 at the station located across the street from work.

i had several people say that it hadnt been that low for nearly two weeks. then i confessed that i only buy gas about twice a month and only about 15-18$ at a time. that really got everyone going.