1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lawn Mowers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TonyPSchaefer, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I purchased the Black & Decker cordless, battery mower and took it back after two mows. Its just not powerful enough to cut evenly. Yard looked very ragged after use. I've been a big fan of B&D products for decades, but that mower is way below B&D's typical quality. Perhaps it would work on thinner blade grasses, but its worthless on St. Augustine grass.

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prudence @ Aug 31 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]505225[/snapback]</div>
    Same here.
    Bought mine used from a friend when she was moving into a condo. It replaced my B&D corded model. It's a godsend not having to mess with the cord around the many trees in my yard. The original battery is still doing fine.

3. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My first "problem" occurred last week. Torrential rains soaked our ground. I didn't keep up on my mowing and my grass was about 5 inches high and sopping wet. My electric mower was not the little train that could. I gave up and waited it out for a couple days. Once the grass dried, the mower pulled through. Not such a terrible sacrifice for the lower emissions.

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have put a new battery in mums Black and Decker. Her old house had lots of grass and they always let it grow too long before cutting it. The mower was at least 8 years old. You can only use the original battery, it's a very good and very heavy battery and from memory, very expensive but worth it. Anyone looking for good PEV batteries?

5. Spoid

Spoid New Member

I just bought a new mower. My wife was using our 15 year old mower when it started making a loud noise. So she continued and then it stopped. Surprise! I looked at it and my Briggs & Stratton engine has a nice crack down the side.

I bought a regular plug in electric mower. Vegas is horrible to batteries and I didn't want to buy new ones frequently. I've been using the corded mower for several weeks and it is pretty easy to get the hang of keeping the cord out of the way.